get up

¨Jack, i killed a person¨

jack froze for a moment. ¨Shin, you can't you haven't¨ Jack said certain of his words. Shin wasn't someone who could harm anyone, the fact that he was mad at him was the proof.

¨Jack, i have...... killed someone¨ Shin looked down. frightened as if he could see the moment before his eyes. the moment his best friend, before jack, stood on top of the roof looking down. Shin came to him, running. ¨Secille don't jump! that asshole was not good enough there is nothing wrong with you!¨ Shin shouted. Secille only turned to him. ¨He isn't the reason... you are¨ Secille said with a glare before falling back into her death.

¨if only i was faster, if i was stronger, if i had helped her earlier¨ Shin mumbled.

Jack looked worried at his friend. he didn't get much but as Shin said that, he figured he didn't kill him or her directly.

Jack wrapped his arms around Shin, pulling him into his cool embrace. ¨it's not your fault Shin, i may not know much, but i know you. you aren't a murderer, or a cold killer. you are a kind person¨ Jack said soothing. Shin looked at Jack. these words have been said to him by his parents, sister, his grandparents and teachers.... but these words hearing from Jack, only they feel different, they feel like an actual truth. 

¨Thanks... Jack¨ Shin mumbled softly. ¨only stating facts¨ Jack smiled. happy his friend accepted his words. Shin chuckled lightly. ¨weirdo¨ Shin grinned. Jack smiled ¨twerp¨. ¨i am not a twerp you nitwit¨ Shin grinned. ¨you so are, or would you rather be a toddler?¨ Jack grinned, hiding the trace of ice that went to the students to dissolve the ice keeping them captured. ¨I am not, i am the amazing Shin, master of all elements!¨ he said posing like the people from the avatar serie. Jack chuckled, ¨well well little avatar, think you can beat me to a race to the park?¨ Jack grinned playfully. ¨i accept your challange mighty icemaster!¨ Shin grinned before he dashed off, out of the school of disaster. Jack flew after him laughing in unision.

¨Flying is no fair Jack!¨ Shin shouted excited. Jack grinned ¨it is for me¨ he grinned before dashing forward into the park and sat down on a stone grinning. ¨my win avatar¨. ¨your playing unfair¨ Shin pouted sitting down next to jack. ¨everything is fair in love and war¨ Jack grinned, not realising that that sentence had different ways to understand. ¨Ehm, Jack, we are not in war and we are both guys¨ Shin said. he didn't actually said it with disgust, but he wanted to make clear. 

Shin liked Jack a lot, maybe actually love... but Jack was immortal, Shin couldn't get it over his heart to bound him to a mortal. to someone who would die in a blink of an eye.

Jack felt the words pierce through his heart. ¨yeah yeah, i know. just a phrase that felt suiting for the situation, don't look so much into it¨ Jack said, hiding his pain.

¨Yeah sorry¨ Shin said laying back and closing his eyes to pull away his tears. this wasn't easy. he knew they couldn't be together, yet he longed so much for him. 

Suddenly Shin felt a cold blast on his nose. ¨jack!¨ he sat up and got another one. ¨come on avatar, you can do better than that¨ Jack grinned with another snowball in his hand. Shin grinned. 

Let's just enjoy the time we have.

so began a snowball fight between a human and his invisible friend.

so they played the whole day in the park, having fun, making fun of each other, laugh and smile together.

they had a long time after all

Shin wasn't going to die anytime soon, even humans live around 80 years.