"Hey.... Just spill it..." I encouraged, rubbing his back. He slowly took his head, placing me at an arms length, looking into my eyes.

I smiled, closing my eyes, giving him assurance.

"Your Dad... He.... He had an attack..." He said with a sigh... Looking down.

My smile faltered, and I Stared at his face to find any signs of play fullness. But it was serious, dead serious.

I froze where I stood, and I found myself leaning onto the car bonnett for support. He stood there quietly, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Major ya minor?" I asked, dreading the question. I've heard about people who had attacks, and only a few survived it.

"Major..." He said, no... He whispered.

I lost my balance and soon I was in his arms, he held me straight.

"Dhruvika... Dhruvika... Nothing happened, he is safe, daddy had called me to say that... He is safe... Nothing is wrong with your papa..." He reassured me, chanting those words again and again in my ears.

"Papa...." My heart weeped, my eyes getting blurry.... "Papa..."

Things around me changed, all I saw was my papa... Who loved me, who pampered me... Only a few days before had he said about marrying me to a prince... But now.... Papa are you leaving me?

I sobbed hard, clutching his shirt. I looked inside the car, and saw Rithika sleeping soundly, not aware of anything happening around her.

If anything happened to papa, she will not be able to bear it... Papa....

I cried for so long and all the while he held me, I buried my head into the crook of his neck, crying hard.

"Sshhh... Everything is safe, your papa is safe .. Nothing is going to happen to him.." He chanted into my ears, giving me strength. But never once did he ask me not to cry.

Soon I pulled myself together, Rithika could be up any moment, she don't like to be in an ac car with all windows shut, and not moving.

I wiped my eyes, and rubbed my nose, I tried everything to hide from Rithu that I cried.

He cupped my face, looking concerned and serious.

"Deko Dhruvika, I know how much hard it is for you... I don't ask you to stop crying.. Cry as much as you want now.. But once Rithu is up I want you to take care of her."

I nodded my head in agreement, still sobbing.

"You are the responsible one, and your Amma, she is also finding it difficult to cope up with the news. I'm taking you both there now, and you should promise me that you will stay strong and take care of your sister and mother. Will you?" He asked me, holding my shoulders.

"Yes.." I managed to speak. What he said was right, till now if anything happened to one of us, papa was there to give strength to everyone.

I had seen him secretly crying when mom had a cyst operation few years back,but he made sure he stood brave while facing us.

Yes, I have to do that... And I will...

But my eyes never stopped shedding tears.

"Dhruvika....." He sang hugging me close... I tightened my grip on his shirt, letting my heart cry out the pain.. So that I can be strong with the others.

He massaged my back, and I helped to ease the pain. After sometime, I pulled myself together. It was blessing that he was with me,or else I don't know how I am going to handle all this.