Chapter 8

I finished lacrosse tryouts on a pretty good note. Except for the fact that Stiles knew that I was a werewolf and had to keep it from Scott.

When we were in the locker room I walked over to Stiles.

"Can I talk to you at some point in the next few days?" I asked.

Stiles glanced at Scott on the other side of the room, then looked back at me.

"I'll give you a ride home and we can talk then, okay?" He said.

I texted Derek that I had a ride home and I walked out of the building with Stiles. I followed him over to this old beat up jeep.

I opened the passenger seat and got in. Stiles really didn't seem to happy to have to talk to me.

"Listen, I know you're going to want to tell everyone else about what just happened, but you can't, especially not Scott. Because I'm here to protect you guys and I can't do that if everyone knows." I said.

"How do I know that I can trust you, I mean you just  almost killed my best friend. Your an alpha werewolf, how do I know you haven't killed someone." Stiles said.

"Because I didn't come here to hurt anyone. I came here because Derek told me to."

Stiles was silent then. He just kept on driving without talking.

"Why did Derek need you to help him, why couldn't he ask anyone else?"

"He asked me because I'm his cousin, and Peter is my father."

Stiles was seriously taking this surprisingly well.

"Malia is also my sister, and I know you guys realized that we look exactly alike, that's because we're twins."

He seemed to lighten up after I said I was related to Malia. Almost like it comforted him.

"And I also never killed anyone, I'm just like Scott, a true alpha."

We pulled up to the building where Derek lived. I guess he assumed that I was living there. Just as he turned off the car, he spoke.

"I won't tell them, I promise."

"Thank you." I said.

I then got out of the car and watched as he pulled away from the driveway.

I walked up the flights of stairs until I reached the top floor. I opened the door to Derek's appartment.

Derek was sitting on the couch, talking to Peter.

I almost growled when I saw him. They both looked at me, but I ignored it and crossed the room to walk up the stairs.

I could tell they were taking about something that they didn't want me to know about because they stopped when I walked in and resumed when I reached the top floor.

I was in my room for a while when Derek walked in.

"Peter's not here anymore so you can come downstairs." He said.

I followed him down the steps. He could tell something was off. I wasn't talking like at all.

"Derek I need to tell you something."

He turned around and faced me.

"At lacrosse tryouts, there were these two boys, brothers, but they had some sort of wolfsbane knife. It caused werewolves to shift. They stabbed both me and Scott, and well Scott lost control. Stiles was in there with us and I had to protect him, so he knows, but Scott doesn't. But I made Stiles promise not to tell anyone." I said.