Midnight

All I can say . . . I really pity the Apocalypse.

(Try to) enjoy "Midnight!"

***

"You're joking."

"Do you honestly think I would joke about this?" the Apocalypse gave Jack a dirty look from where she sat on the edge of his bed, still holding her head in one hand.

"Holy - " Jack shook his head, stunned. "She really said Bad Wolf?"

"Yes," the Apocalypse growled in exasperation.

"What could that mean?" Jack finally handed her a mug.

"I don't know everything," the Apocalypse took a drink before cringing and staring into her mug. " . . . that isn't tea."

"You look like you could use something stronger."

"Bourbon, though?"

"Cheers."

"Cheers," she sighed, clinking her mug with his before taking a much more cautious sip.

"Oh, Rosie," Jack sat next to her. "Where would we be without her?"

"Dead," the Apocalypse deadpanned.

"Probably," Jack admitted.

"You really did die, remember?" the Apocalypse looked at him. "Rose brought you back."

"Might not be so bad," Jack nudged her. "I get to hang around you for eternity."

"But what about Torchwood?" the Apocalypse looked towards the door, where Donna was outside talking with the rest of his team. "I know they're like family to you, Jack. Would you really be able to handle it all when they're gone?"

"I guess I'll have to find a way," Jack looked down into his mug.

"You didn't answer my question."

"How about I don't have an answer right now."

"Deal."

They remained silent for a few moments before Jack spoke again. "You want me to come again, don't you?"

"I was going to ask if it was all right with you if I showed your friends a different planet," the Apocalypse smiled at him.

"A . . . what?" Jack blinked, looking at her.

"They've seen the past," the Apocalypse shrugged. "Might as well give them a look to other worlds."

Jack grinned. "Smart girl."

"Well," the Apocalypse smirked, taking a larger drink than she had intended, and she made a disgusted face, poking her tongue out. "Bleh."

Jack just laughed. "Atta girl."

***

Donna looked up when an attendant walked up to her, handing a phone over to her. Donna sighed, picking it up, then held it in the direction of Gwen and Tosh, lounging with her by the pool. "We said NO!" both women shouted.

***

The Apocalypse jerked away before giving Jack and Owen glares when they snickered at her. Ianto just sighed and shook his head. The boys had already tried before, so the Apocalypse had attempted one last time to make the other girls come with them. "Sapphire waterfall," the Apocalypse tried to convince them. "It's a waterfall made of sapphires! This enormous jewel, the size of a glacier, reaches the Cliffs of Oblivion, and then shatters into sapphires at the edge. They fall a hundred thousand feet into a crystal ravine."