Exit Wounds

I have been waiting for this. :) There are so many ways I thought this could go, but I must say, I'm quite happy with the final product. That includes my screenshot at the top, too. I finally found a decent image of Leven Rambin with ginger hair to use!! Lol, she doesn't even care that Rhys, Ianto, and Owen are staring at her like she's insane. :P

The comment goal is now 200. The rest of this series has lots of content and lots of commentable stuff, so leave them! Finding out who I save in "Children of Earth" is worth it! Also, there's a question at the very end that needs answering. :)

Speaking of Torchwood . . . what's Caly going to think of the team? What do they think of her? And what can Caly change in the dreaded series finale?

In one of my longest chapters ever . . . here's "Exit Wounds!"

***

Jack tilted his head and looked up at the abandoned building they were about to check out, before leading his team across the lawn. "Gwen?" a former Torchwood One employee, Ianto Jones, said into his phone as they walked. "Texting you the location. Appearing four or five signs of life, definitely nonhuman. Get here as soon as you can."

"So, sure they're not Weevils?" medical expert Dr. Owen Harper asked.

"Don't think so," Jack's computer woman, Toshiko Sato, shook her head. "Different energy patterns. I can't make sense of it. Not a species we've encountered before."

"Well, let's hope they're friendly, then," Owen sighed.

"What I couldn't give for Calypsie," Jack mumbled, then said in a louder voice, "We'll take the floors one by one. Got it?"

They all nodded and drew their guns, sweeping the floors. "You know, these creatures are very quiet," Jack observed as they approached the top floor.

"Maybe they're sleeping?" Owen suggested.

"Or hatching?" Ianto put in his opinion.

Tosh rounded the corner, and her eyes widened. "Or maybe they aren't creatures at all!"

Jack turned the corner, aiming . . . only to see a bomb counting down from 20. His eyes widened as he looked around. "Just explosive devices!"

"Go!" Owen started pushing Tosh down the hallway. "We've got to get out!"

"We'll never make it back down!" Ianto snapped.

Jack opened his mouth, seeing the bomb start to count down from 10 . . . when a familiar wheezing sounded around them . . .

Abruptly, the building was gone as coral walls surrounded them. "Brace!" he shouted, grabbing Ianto.

Owen, still gawking at their change in surroundings, hugged Tosh, bringing her to the ground. Jack winced as the TARDIS took off again, tossing with the force of the explosion.

"Finally!" a loud voice shouted, and he looked over to see a ginger in a long brown leather coat hanging onto the console for dear life. "For God's sake, can't you drive safer?"

Before Jack could say another word, he saw a red and white blur race towards him, and he let go of Ianto to catch the Apocalypse mid hug. "You're safe," she gasped, burying her head in his neck as she hugged him tightly. "You're safe! Jack, there's no one else!"

"Calypsie," he pulled back after hugging her, taking her face in her hands, staring down into her tear-filled sapphire blue eyes so like his own. "I'm not going anywhere. It's not like I can, right?"

"Yeah," she smiled weakly up at him. "Still . . . I've had one hell of a day."

"Back atcha," Jack laughed, giving her another hug. "And when did you dye your hair?"