The Poison Sky

. . . 172. Geez Louise . . . you guys get 28 comments before "The Apocalypse's Daughter" - there's an interlude following this, not yet written - and you guys'll have 200 comments! Can you do it? I know you can. ;)

What's the Apocalypse's approach to taking out the Sontarans? Some very key changes that will definitely show off just how different she is from the Doctor.

Enjoy "The Poison Sky!"

***

"He's going to choke," Donna sobbed, and the Apocalypse looked over. "Apocalypse!"

The Apocalypse closed the hood and placed her hand on the windscreen, her eyes flaring. The Vortex snaked over the glass, turning to ice, making a film over the whole screen. She made a fist and punched through, the entire screen breaking. She ignored the stinging cuts on her hands and climbed onto the hood, reaching inside for Wilf. "Come on," she said.

Wilf took her hands, and with Donna's help, the Apocalypse pulled him out. "Thanks," he wheezed.

"Get inside the house," the Apocalypse ordered as Sylvia came out. "Just try and close off the doors and windows."

Jenkins drove up in a black car. "Apocalypse!" he called. "This is all I could find that hasn't got ATMOS."

"Donna?" the Apocalypse turned. "You coming?"

"Yeah," Donna nodded.

"Donna, don't go!" Sylvia pleaded as the Apocalypse headed for Jenkins, opening the passenger side door. "Look what happens every time that Apocalypse appears. Stay with us, please!"

"You go, my darling," Wilf said instead.

"Dad!" Sylvia protested.

"Don't listen to her," Wilf told Donna. "You go with the Apocalypse." Donna nodded tearfully, then ran to the cab and climbed in. "That's my girl."

***

When they made it to the factory, the three of them ran out, the humans starting to cough. "Ross, look after yourself," the Apocalypse ordered. "Get inside the building."

"Will do," Jenkins nodded as the Apocalypse and Donna headed inside.

"The air is disgusting," Donna coughed.

"It's not so bad for me," the Apocalypse shook her head. "Go on, get inside the TARDIS." Donna blinked at her, then the Apocalypse blinked herself. "Oh, I've never given you a key!" She pulled a key out of her pocket and handed it to her. "Keep that. Go on, it's yours. Quite a big moment, really."

+++

"Promise you'll come back?" Rose asked.

The Apocalypse smiled. "Tell you what." She pulled something out of her pocket and dropped a Yale key into Rose's hand. "TARDIS key. It's about time you had one." Rose smiled at her and nodded, and the Apocalypse headed off. "See you later!"

+++

"Yeah, maybe we can get sentimental after the world's finished choking to death," Donna reminded her.

"Good idea," the Apocalypse winced, heading for the mobile HQ.

"Where are you going?"

"To stop a war!" the Apocalypse answered with a grin.

***

When she ran into the command room, she saw UNIT already working on figuring what was going on. "Right, then, here I am," she said, clapping her hands. "Good. Whatever you do, Colonel Mace, do not engage the Sontarans in battle. There is nothing they like better than a war. Just leave this to me."