Who's the Thief?

And for once, the thief is not the Apocalypse. ;) Guess who!

***

"Oh, and you can keep the dresses," the Apocalypse added as she dropped the Torchwood team off.

"Really?" Gwen's eyes widened as she looked down, she and Tosh still wearing their flapper dresses.

"'Course you can, yeah," the Apocalypse smiled. "Call it a souvenir."

"That's it," Gwen turned to Jack. "Your sister is the best ever."

"Yeah, she's pretty fantastic," Jack winked at her.

"So, Donna and I'll run for a little bit, and then maybe I'll drop by in about a month or so to take you all on another one?" the Apocalypse raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Tosh agreed with a grin. "That was incredible."

"Well, you know," the Apocalypse shrugged. "I am so impressive."

"Don't get into too much trouble," Jack warned.

"Who, me?" the Apocalypse's eyes widened innocently as she backed into the TARDIS. "Never."

Jack snorted and rolled his eyes as she shut the door, and the TARDIS engines revved. "Right."

"Whoa, hang on," Tosh frowned as she logged onto her computer. "Someone's hacked into our server!"

"What?" Jack ran over, Gwen and Ianto immediately running to check their computers. "How?"

"And who?" Owen added.

"No ID at all," Tosh shook her head. "But it's weird . . . all they did was access the software and did an inventory. Nothing looks out of place . . . "

"Except this," Gwen showed her monitor. "Whoever this person was, they took Jack's spare vortex manipulator that was locked in storage."

"That's locked up tighter than the Time War," Jack shook his head, turning. "That old thing shorted out a long time ago. Why would someone need it?"

"Because this says the Rift was activated not too long ago," Owen added. "Enough to power the vortex manipulator to not only time travel, but teleport as well."

"So we've got a time traveling thief on our hands," Jack deduced.

"Exactly."

"Well . . . " Jack took a deep breath. "What are we going to do about that?"

Gwen and Owen exchanged glances. What could they do indeed?

***

"Ma'am, can I help you?" Andy asked as he approached a blonde girl fiddling with what appeared to be some sort of wrist brace. She was the only one sitting in the Plass, and she was alone as well.

The blonde girl looked up and tilted her head, revealing sugar brown eyes and a perfectly innocent expression. "I don't think so, no," she shook her head, holding up her wrist. "Just trying to align the Rift to open at the right moment so I can figure out how to hop across these dimensions. I like hopping," she added as an afterthought. "Not nearly as much as running, but yeah, hopping's good."

"Er . . . ma'am?" Andy asked uneasily.

"Oh, you can do one thing, though," the girl pointed at him. "Don't tell my uncle or my mum, yeah?"

"Well, what's your name?"

"Now that I can't tell," the blonde girl winked, messing with her brace some more, standing up, and Andy gawked as she shouldered a machine gun, a handgun strapped to her leg. "But, all I can say is that I've got a lot more running to do."

Andy was left sputtering as Jenny activated the vortex manipulator, and in a flash of light, she was gone.

***

Who's the best daughter in the universe? }:) I'd give anything to have Jenny as a sister, let alone a daughter! But . . . looks like she was serious last interlude, wasn't she?

I can definitely say this and not give anything away: she's definitely going to try and find Rose. :)

I'll ask again. Who's the best daughter ever?