The Sontaran Stratagem

Well, I haven't checked recently, but congrats, guys! You're over 120 comments - 139, last I saw! :D Everyone involved in the Metacrisis will be revealed at the end of "The Apocalypse's Daughter," so in about three or four parts!

Anyway . . . Martha returns, the Apocalypse shows she means business, and she is NOT a great big outer space dumbo! :D

Enjoy "The Sontaran Stratagem!"

***

"I can't believe I'm doing this!" Donna cried gleefully.

"No, neither can I," the Apocalypse admitted, hanging onto the console, trying to teach Donna how to fly the TARDIS. "Oh, careful!" She pulled a lever quickly, then pointed. "Left hand down, left hand down!" Donna quickly did. "Getting a bit too close to the 1980s."

"What am I going to do, put a dent in them?"

"Well, someone did!"

Donna was about to retort when the trill of a phone rang. "Hold on," she blinked. "That's a phone." The Apocalypse looked down, then swallowed, bending down and swiping a mobile from one of the sockets. "You've got a mobile? Since when?"

+++

The Apocalypse smiled when Rose answered her phone. "Hello?"

"Right, I'll be a couple of hours, then we can go," she told her.

"You've got a phone?"

"You think I can travel through space and time, and I haven't got a phone?"

+++

"It's not mine," the Apocalypse shook her head, answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Apocalypse?" a familiar voice said. "It's Martha, and I'm bringing you back to Earth."

***

Martha waited by the edge of the alley, waiting as patiently as she could. When she heard the TARDIS engines wheezing, she turned to see the police box materializing in the alley. The Apocalypse poked her head out, and Martha couldn't help but smile at her now ginger hair color. "Martha Jones," the Apocalypse greeted with a smile.

"Apocalypse," Martha countered.

The Apocalypse laughed and approached, giving her a hug. "You haven't changed a bit!"

"You have," Martha tugged on one of her braids.

"Oi!" the Apocalypse batted her hand away. "They're still attached, you know!" Martha laughed at her enthusiasm, so different than when they'd traveled together. "How's the family?"

"You know, not so bad," Martha shrugged as Donna stepped out timidly. "Recovering."

"And what about you?" the Apocalypse asked.

Martha looked over the Apocalypse's shoulder, and her smile tensed when she saw Donna. "Right. Should've known. Didn't take you long to replace me, then."

"Martha Jones, how could you think that?" the Apocalypse asked, swatting Martha in the arm. "No one gets replaced! Now, come on, don't you start fighting." She took Martha's arm and pulled her over, Donna smiling nervously. "Martha, Donna, Donna, Martha. And please, seriously, don't start fighting."

"You wish," Donna smiled, shaking Martha's hand. "I've heard all about you. She talks about you all the time."

"I dread to think," Martha said nervously.

"No, no, no," Donna shook her head. "No, she says nice things, good things. Nice things . . . really good things."

"Oh, my God, she's told you everything!" Martha groaned, blushing.