Chapter 2 - The Dream part 2

"Release!"

My eyes shot open. I was in a cave that looked like it was made from rock. I saw the stone ninja that knocked me out earlier lying on the ground. Kakashi had bandages covering his left eye.

"Kakashi... Obito...!"

"We've come to save you, Akane, Rin," Obito whispered. "You'll be all right now."

"All right, now let's get out of here," Kakashi instructed while untying the ropes that were around mine and Rin's body.

"I see..." The stone ninja said. "You two made a a good team, but you're still just kids."

All four of us got into fighting stances, "Dammit! He woke up!" Obito exclaimed.

"Right now, you're in the enemy's hands." He did a couple of hand signs then continued, "Earth Style: Rock Breaker!" He yelled while slamming one of his fists into the ground.

"This is bad!" Kakashi exclaimed. "Run for the exit!"

Rocks were falling from the top of the cave. If we didn't get out of there, we'd be crushed for sure.

We were almost to the exit... We were so close...

"Kakashi!" Yelled Rin.

I turned around and saw Kakashi on the ground. A rock must've hit him. Obito and I ran up to him and helped him up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up with Obito's help. But, second's after we pulled Kakashi up I was pushed to the side. I turned around only to be blown back by a huge force.

*~

"Are you alright...? Rin...? Kakashi...? Akane...?"

My eyes grew wide at the scene in front of me. Obito's whole right side was completely crushed by a huge rock. ... He pushed me and Kakashi out of the way and took the blow himself... Now, we're in the cave but it's completely blocked off.

"Obito!" Kakashi yelled while running up to him.

He tried pushing the huge rock off of Obito. I got up and started to help him.

"Argh! Come on! Get off!"

"Don't... It's okay, Kakashi, Akane... I don't think... I can make it..."

"Don't say that Obito! We'll get this off of you!" I yelled, tying even harder to push to huge boulder off of him. I could barley hold back my tears.

"My right side is totally crushed... I can't even feel anything... It's no use, even if you do..."

"Dammit," Kakashi said as he fell to his hands and knee's.

"No..." Rin whispered. "This can't be... Why...?"

Obito coughed up blood, "Obito...!" I exclaimed. I couldn't hold back my tears any longer. I tried wiping them away, but more just kept coming.

Kakashi hit his fist against the ground, "Dammit! Dammit! If... If only I had listened to you," He cried. "And we had come to rescue Rin and Akane in the first place... This never would have happened! So what if I'm a captain?! So what if I made Jonin?!"

"Oh yeah... I had forgotten... I was the only one who... didn't give you a gift... for becoming a jonin, Kakashi... I was... wondering what to give you... and I just had a thought. Don't worry... it's not some useless, extra baggage... I'm giving you... my Sharingan. Whatever the village may say... you are... a great Jonin. That's how I really feel... so please accept it. Rin... use your Medical Ninjutsu... Take the entire eye and transplant... my Sharingan... into Kakashi's left eye..."

Rin wiped away her tears and nodded, "Kakashi, come over here... I'll start it right away."

Kakashi was shaking... probably from sadness, guilt, and fear. He just looked down.

"I'm about to... die... but, I'll become your eye and... see the future... for you..."

*~

After Rin transplanted Obito's Sharingan into Kakashi's left eye, Kakashi set off a exploding tag at the top of the cave so that he could get out to kill the Stone Ninja that did the jutsu to get us into this mess.

Rin and I stayed by Obito because Kakashi said he could handle it himself. When Kakashi was at the top, Obito said, "Kakashi... Take care of... Rin..."

"I will," Kakashi replied as he grabbed the white chakara blade from his back and charged.

I was holding on to Obito's hand while Kakashi was gone, but it only took about a minute to come back, completely unharmed.

"Kakashi... take Rin... and Akane... and... get out... of here... Enemy reinforcements... will be coming..."

"Obito..." I whispered as he pulled his hand away from mine.

"It's okay... Just go..."

Kakashi stretched out his arm, "Rin, Akane!"

"Earth Style: Earthquake Blast!" I heard in the distance and felt strong rumbling all around me. The enemy reinforcement's already?!

"Akane! Rin! Hurry up and take my hand!"

I reached my hand up and grabbed Kakashi hand. He pulled me up and sat me next to him.

"Rin!"

She slowly reached for Kakashi's hand while staring at Obito. The top of the cave started to fall.

"Obito!!" She yelled as rocks covered up most of his body.

Kakashi pulled up Rin, "Obito!" He yelled.

We ran onto a limb of a tree, out of breath, only to be surrounded by more Stone Ninja.

"Akane," Kakashi said slowly.

"Yes?"

"Do you think you can handle these Stone Ninja's?"

"What?! Why?!"

"I have to take Rin. I must protect her! I promised Obito!"

"But, there's like, 20 of them!"

"I know you can do it."

"But-!"

I didn't say anything more. Kakashi grabbed Rin and flashed forward, right as the Stone Ninja charged.

I only took out about two before being held in a choking pose, like earlier.

I felt ropes being put around my feet and arms and I tried to get away from them, but they were too strong.

"KAKASHI!" I remembered yelling, right before everything turned black.

*~

I shot out of bed while clutching my heart.

"What was that dream...?" I asked myself. "A flashback from my childhood...? No... That's impossible. The Core erases all memories from your childhood. But... why was I with Leaf Ninja? I am Akane Watanabe of the Stone Village! Not a Leaf Ninja! But... why does my heart hurt every time this 'Kakashi' comes to mind? What is this feeling...?"