Chapter 1 - The Dream part 1

"Did I make it?!" Obito yelled.

"Nope," I said as I sat by Minato-Sensei.

"No, Obito, you're late! What time did you think we were supposed to meet?! If you're a full-flegded ninja, you're expected to follow the rules!" Kakashi shot.

"Well..." Obito started. "I was on the way, but an old lady carrying a load asked me for directions... And I got something in my eye-"

"Okay! That's a lie isn't it?!" Kakashi argued.

"Kakashi... He wasn't that late..." I pointed out.

"That's enough, Kakashi." Minato-Sensei called. "Obito showed the old lady the way... Isn't that right?"

"I carried her bag, too!" Obito agreed.

"You're too lenient, Sensei." Kakashi scolded. "Besides, there's no way that some needy person appears before Obito each and every time! Those who break the rules and regulations are regarded as scum! Isn't that so?!"

"Don't you have a shred of kindness in your heart?! All you ever talk about are the rules and regulations! The main thing is your own self control," Obito shot back.

"Do you two have to fight everytime you see each others faces," I questioned while rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, now stop it, both of you. We're all on the same team." Rin stated.

"You're too easy on Obito, Rin," Kakashi ruled. "This is an important day for me too."

"Y-You're right..." Rin stammered.

"What was it again?" Obito questioned, totally confused.

I smirked, "Dork, Kakashi is now a Jonin! We were all supposed to get him something to congratulate him," I exclaimed while flashing a smile to Kakashi.

He closed his eyes and smiled back at me, but it only lasted a second until he opened them back up and glared Obito down.

"As of today, Kakashi is a Jonin like me," Minato-Sensei announced. "And in order to increase our efficiency, we'll be splitting into two teams. After all, presently the Leaf Village is at an unprecedented low on military strength."

"Splitting up? Then..."

"Yes, that's right, Obito. Kakashi will be captain of a four-man squad with Obito, Rin, and Akane. And I'll be working alone."

"Remember, we talked about this the other day, Obito..." Rin pointed out. "About getting Kakashi a gift."

"Sorry... I wasn't listening."

"This is my gift," Minato-Sensei exclaimed. "A custom-made kunai knife. It's sort of heavy and odd-shaped, but once you get accustomed to it, it's easy to use."

"Thank you," Kakashi said while nodding.

"And this is from me," Rin claimed. "Here! A personalized special med-kit... I adjusted things a little, to make it easier to use!"

"Thanks."

"Catch!" I yelled as I tossed my gift to Kakashi.

"A kunai?" Kakashi questioned.

"Hmph, it's not the awesome 'custom-made kunai knife' Sensei gave you but, it's got your name engraved on one side and on the other side is my name... If you don't like it I could keep-"

"No! It's great! Honestly, I was needing a few more," Kakashi exclaimed while scratching the back of his head.

"Good, because I got the old man that makes these to give me two. Let's see how long we can keep these until we end up losing them fighting some weird-o," I winked.