"Well, this will be interesting." He said, "and fun." He held out his hand, and again I took it. He opened the door and we walked in.

The room was dark. It had low-lighting, and it was loud. Random pings filled the large room. The blue carpet was filled with brightly colored swirls. The cieling was white, but had glow in the dark stars.

We walked around until we found Sierra. She was already playing a racing game. She was sitting in a fake car seat steering intensly. There was a loud crash and she groanded loudly. She stood up and reached into her pocket and pulled out a dollar.

"How much have you spent in that machine?" Alek asked her.

"About $7." She replied while putting in the dollar.

"Wow." He said. Sierra picked a red car and began racing again. Alek lead me to a game with two guitars hooked up to it.

"What's this?" I asked. I picked up a guitar and pulled the strap over my shoulder.

"A guitar." He said matter-of-factly.

"But there aren't any strings." I said. All there were was colored buttons.

"It's Guitar Hero." He exlpained. "You hit the buttons when the same color hits the bar at the bottom of the screen." He selected a song and put on his guitar. The song began and colored circles began floating down the screen.

He started clicking the buttons, and I followed. But for some reason, it wasn't counting my presses. I tried hitting them harder, so hard I think I amlost broke the buttons.

"You have to push the strum buttom at the same time as you hit the buttons." Alek said.

"Strum bar?"

He paused the game and turned to me. "The lever near the end. You have to push that down at the same time you hit the buttons. Got it?" He said with a small smile.

"Got it." I nodded.

He resumed the song and the colors came flying. I tried my best to keep up, but they were to fast. I would hit one every five notes. Soon, the ends of the screen were flashing red. I didn't know what that ment so I kept going.

The circles disappeared. And the song ended. "What happened?" I asked.

He laughed before saying, "We got boo'ed off stage."

"What? Why?"

"Because you suck at this game." He said while smiling.

"Play it again." I said, suddenly determined to beat the game.

"Okay." He said sing-songy. He clicked the same song and it started again. I watched the circle come closer and clicked the button along with the strum bar. It counted it! By the end of the song, I had only missed a coulple. The score sheet showed up on the screen. Turns out, I missed 28 notes.

"YES!" I exclaimed.

"You did it!" Alek said. He pulled me into a quick side-hug. "Wanna play again?"

"Not really..." I said honestly.

"It's kinda hard." He said. He turned to the racing game Sierra was playing earlier. She was gone, so it was open. "Wanna race?"

"Sure." I said smiling. I had drivin a couple times before, but not alot. Knowing me I'd end up driving the virtual car into a wall. Or the ocean, depending on what ever he picks.

He walked over to the machine and I followed. We sat down on the fake car seats, and put money into the machine.

"Ready?" He asked.