Chapter 14

"So Sierra, how have you been? I haven't seen you all year! Rachael and I really miss you." He said.

Who's Rachael? Was that not me in the visions I had? I would be lying if I said that the thought of him with some girl didn't thrill me.

"Aw, thanks. I've been good. Life, work, and Chris." She chuckled. She looked at me sending a silent message "Say anything about Chris and I and I'll kill you." I blinked in repsonce. She turned back to Alek, "Why didn't you bring Rachael?"

"She was busy with little Jake." He said with a smile.

And they have a kid....Great.

"Yeah, he's a hyper one." She said with a chuckle.

"Sierra, can I, um, talk to you for a second?" I asked. I pulled her away by the wrist before she had a chance to object. I pulled her to the stairs, and about 5 stairs up.

"He's married? And has a kid?" I asked, not even bothering to cover my sadness.

"Um, no? Rachael is my step-sister, and Jake is my cousin. He's been living with Alek and Rachel since Jake's parents died." She raised her eye brows. "You don't.....like my step-brother. Do you?"

I forced a laugh. "Don't be ridiculous." I pulled her back to the couch before she could question me more.

We sat back down on the couch. Alek raised his eye brows at us, obviously wanting an answer from his step-sister.

"I just...needed advise." I said.

"Okay." He said, with a hint of suspition.

"Yeah, so, how have you been Alek?" She asked.

"Good. I got a job at a bank. Its really boring. I really just want to start and band and just, sometime go solo with my guitar. Ya know? But I need the money so.." He chuckled.

"Oh hey! What ever hapened to your girlfriend Lindsay?" She said, sending me a look.

He scoffed. "Lindsay? We broke up like 4 months ago."

"Why?" I asked.

"She thoguht I spent to much time playing my guitar. And I figured out she was to full of herself." He smiled at me.

I couldn't help but smile back. We sat for a few moments, letting silence take over us. Luke's screams came back from upstairs. We all looked at the stairs.

"Who's that? And...what happened?" He started to get up and move towards the stairs.

Sierra ran up to him and stopped him. "No don't." She placed her hand on his chest, stopping him from advancing. A small part of me was jealous, but it vanished as soon as her hand was back at her side. "Some one probabaly saw a rat. It's an old house." She lied effortlessly.

"But, a dude?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'll go check." I said. I shot up from my seat and ran up the stairs-at human speed.

I ran, now at my True Alpha speed, into Julian's room. Luke was laying on the floor panting, grabbing his side. While Julian was sitting in my window spot just watching him.

"Julian?" I whisper-hissed. "You're just gonna sit there? What do I do."

"Just let him change. And why are you whispering?"

"Sierra's brother is downstairs-"

"We gotta get him out of here then." He cut me off mid-sentence. He lifted Luke up and made his way to the door.

"Wait!" I said as soon as I heard what was going on downstairs.

"I'm gonna go check on her..." I heard Alek say from downstairs.

"No don't!" Sierra said. "She's fine. She'll be back soon." She covered.

"I'll be right back." He said. I heard his footsteps running up the stairs.

"Put him on the bed. Now." I ordered.

Julian dropped an unconsious Luke on the bed just before Alek walked through the door.

"Hey, um, just wanted to see what happened." He said as soon as he saw nothing was going on. He ran his hand through his brown hair, his natrual barely-noticable highlights disappeared.

"I'll, uh, be down in a minute." I said to him.

He nodded at me and slowly turned into the door. "Is....is he alive?" He asked Julian.

"Of course." He said with a hint of sarcasm that made me snap my head at him.

Alek looked at me with a is he serious? look. I responded with a shrug. I walked over to Alek and said, "Tell Sierra I'll be there soon." I closed the door as soon as he left.

"Luke?" I whispered. I walked over to him and sat down on the bed. I ran my fingers through his hair. "Luke. Wake up. But don't scream." I tapped his face. Once...Twice...and by the third time he woke up.

He opened his eyes, but didn't scream. "Chloe?" He said. "It doesn't hurt anymore. I'm fine." He chuckled.

"Thank God." I signed.

"So, now what?" He asked Julian.

"Now," Julian thew a coat at Luke. "We hunt." We all went out the door and downstairs. I walked down the stairs two at a time, and speed-walked to the couch back to Alek.

"Sorry." I said, smiling at Alek.

"Bye Chloe!" Luke shouted from the door as he walked out.

"Who's he?" He asked.

"The screamer." Sierra joked.

"Ah." He said, slightly lifting his head. "So, what do you guys do all day here?"

I looked at Sierra. I had a feeling "We run around as wolves and hunt rabbits." wasn't a very good answer.

"We just sit around, watch tv, some of the guys play video games, run around in the forest...." She answered.

"Fun..." He said sarcasticlly.

"Well then, brother, what do you want to do?" Sierra asked him.

"We could...." He stood up and walked around the house. Sierra and I waited for about a minute before he said. "Okay. I've got nothin'."

Sierra laughed and stood up. "It's kinda boring being stuck in this house."

"Hey!" Alek said, "wanna go into the city? There's this new movie theater and there's an arcade..."

"Sure." Sierra said. "Let's go."

--------------------------------------------------

Truth be told...this book was fun(:

but i think there needs to be another one..... but im not 100% convinced on the idea... /:

Vote♥ Comment♥ Fan♥

And, sorry for the loooonnnnggggg waaiittt. IM SORRYYYY♥

xoxoNikole1199