Chapter 7.

I sat in the window sill of Julian's room. For about an hour I watched the sun rise, letting Sierra's story sink in.

You're the True Alpha

....read thoughts, super speed, super smell...

Pack members killed you're dad...

Julian moved from under his covers and my head turned towards him. I watched as he rubbed his eyes, and got out of bed.

I remained motionless at the window, watching him, waiting for him to notice me. He walked over to his closet and picked out a shirt. From what I could see it was gray.

He threw the shirt on his bed and walked back to it. His eyes were closed, but he was still moving. He looked like a sleepwalker, or a zombie.

"Who killed my dad?" I asked him. I wanted to laugh when he jumped like a mile in the air and screamed like a girl. A few "shut ups!" came from the other rooms down the halls, which only made me want to laugh even more.

"Chloe! How'd you get in here?" He asked. He walked over and closed his door. Then walked over to me.

"I came by last night to talk to you but you were obviously to drunk off your ass to remember any of it." I said. A look of anger flashed through his eyes, but it passed as his facial expression remained unfazed. "I ran into you're buddy Chris." Julian sighed and shook his head at the mention of him. "And Sierra." His head shot up.

"What did she tell you?!" He demanded as he grabbed me by the shoulders. "She told you didn't she? You know." Anger shown from his eyes. I was scared for a moment, but only a moment. I remembered I am the True Alpha, and this guy's been faking for years.

"What did she tell you?" He asked as he shook my shoulders.

"Let me tell you what I learned last night." I said, and pushed his hands off my shoulders. "You may want to take a seat." I pointed towards his bed and waited for him to sit. As soon as he did, I continued. "I learned that I can hear thoughts, and smell other wolves. Oh, and super speed. Which you knew. Which is also why you wouldn't let me live here with you and the other wolves."

So Sierra didn't tell her. That's good.

"Did you miss the part about 'hearing thoughts'?" I asked, and his expression fell. "And yes, she did tell me. She told me the whole story. I am the True Alpha." I declared. I paused to look at him. For the year or more I've known him, he looked sad. "I am the True Alpha." I repeated. "And you," I pointed at him, "have been faking, and lying to all everyone in this house. If you knew my dad was a True Alpha too, why did you even change me? You could have killed me right there and you could have passed yourself off as the True Alpha."

"Chloe, you don't-"

"Understand? You're going to sit there and tell me I don't understand? That I shouldn't be this pissed off?! You have been lying to everyone here, who are all good, nice, and funny people! People you would be lucky to have as your friends! "

"Look-"

"You knew who I was the day you commented on my speed. Hell, you probably knew before that! Why didn't you just tell me?! Why did you lie to me and-"

"Because I was scared!" He exclaimed. The sudden outburst shocked me so mush I was at a loss for words. "I was scared. For you, and for me. For you, because I'm supposed to teach you all this stuff about being a wolf, when I have no idea what True Alpha's do or don't do. Hell, it could be okay for you to eat 20 people a day and I wouldn't know!

"Whereas for me, I've never been anything else. I've been the Alpha of this place since I was 10 years old. I don't know anything else." He said. That sad look came back, and he sat back down on the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me thought?" I asked softer now that I had heard his side. I walked over to his bed and sat next to him. I grabbed his hand and asked him again, "Why...didn't you tell me who I am?"

"I was afraid you'd tell everyone, and I wouldn't be the Alpha anymore. Like, I said I don't know how to do anything else." He chuckled at himself, but I found it odd how he could find this funny.

"One more thing....who killed my dad?"

"Oh, I don't know."

"So help my Julian.."

"Chloe, I seriously don't know! That happened when I was like 2 or 3! They threw this giant party and...I shouldn't say anything else." He shut himself up.

'Wolf Smell' came from the hallway and I sprang off the bed. I went back to my spot in the window just as soon as Chris walked in. "Hey Alpha, we need more water." He said, clearly in a terrible hangover.

"I gotcha buddy." He said. Julian got up, ran out the door, and within seconds was back with 4 bottles of water.

"Thanks." Chris grumbled as he walked back to his room.

"How'd you.." Julian asked.

"I can smell them. I could hunt them just by there smell." I explained.

"Interesting. What do I smell like?" He wondered.

I took a few steps closer to him until we were only about a foot apart. "You smell like: pepermint, aftershave, with just a hint of 'Wolf Smell'- which tells me if you're human or not. Which obviously you're not." I said.

"What's wolf smell?"

"It smells like wet dog and pine trees. I just call it that cause it shorter."

"Clever." Julian smiled.

'Don't think you're off the hook for the True Alpha thing." I said before heading out the door.

My hand was on the doorknob when I heard, "Hey Chloe?"

I turned to face him before saying, "Mhm?"

"Um...who else knows?" He asked sheepishly.

"Just you, me, and Sierra."

"Kay."

I walked out the door. I didn't know what my range was for thought reading, but I was able to hear I gotta talk to Sierra before she goes hunting. She can't keep telling people crap about themselves...

"I heard that!" I shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I ran out the door, into the forest, to the clearing, and into the arms of Luke.

-----------------------

this is kinda long for a short story....i think im gonna make it like a short-story series(: should i?? comment please!

thanks for reading!
and freeAngel, thanks for motivating me to post this today, or...tonight...or whatever(:

xoxoNikole1199