Chapter 26: The Tests

The metal chair I was sitting on was freezing. Literally it was growing icing over. That was my test. Dimitri was testing how well I could handle extreme climates.

I could see the goosebumps on my arms and legs. Shivering and teeth chattering, I watched as Dimitri talked to the guards on the other side of the window. Lucky prick. I hope he's enjoying himself now. Cause when I get my hands on him, he's dead.

"How do you feel?" Dimitri's voice came from the speakers in the room.

"T-Turn it o-o-fff." My shiver's were uncontrolable. It was just too cold. I watched as he said something to his guards, and they left. I brought up my legs and wrapped my arms around them, trying to save as much heat as I had left. A loud humming came from the ceiling making me jump.

The air around me changed. It started warmer. I let out a small sigh, but still shivered. The door opened, and a guard brought me a blanket.

"T-Thanks." I wrapped it around my hands before drapping it on my legs.

"I'm sorry that you're stuck here." The guard said with a small smile. "He's not the best host."

I tried to laugh, but nothing came out. I just smiled at him. He left without a word, closing the door behind him.

I was getting warmer. And it felt nice. I got off the chair and let the blanket fall to the ground. I didn't need it anymore. The air was too warm. I sat along the wall, still facing Dimitri's window. We locked gazes for a while. I sent him a cold glare, which he seemed unfazzed to.

It suddenly got hot. Too hot. I was sweating. Dimitri smirked at me. I took off my t-shirt, leaving me in a tanktop. I heard a guard laugh.

"Shut up!" I yelled, causing Dimitri to smile. "What?" I asked him. He didn't answer, just continued to watch me. Sweat drops rolled down my cheeks before I could wipe them off. My hair had grown damp from the heat. It was also frizzing.

"Damn!" I shouted. "Let me out!"

"No can do, sweetie." Dimitri's voice echoed through the room.

I got up and walked right up to the window. "I'm done with these tests! I'm tired and hot! Let me out! You have all the freaking information you need!" I shouted at him ,causing a few guards to jump.

"Let me tell you, little girl." Dimitri folded his hands and layed them on the table. "You will be done with the tests when I tell you you are. We are nowhere near done. I have no concern of you condition and quite frankly I'm growing tired of you and your brothers attitude."

"Then let us out!"

"But it's time for your next test." He hit a couple buttons and the room grew longer, resembling a park. "Run." He said.

"Hell no." I said through my teeth. I felt the air get cooler. Not as cold as it was, but at least it was a normal temperature.

"I said run." He repeated.

"No." I said again. Sure, he could make me sit in a room where he controlled the weather and made me extremly hot and cold, but he could not physically make me run. I turned and leaned against the wall.

I jumped off of it after it shocked me. "OW!" I complained to him. "You just shocked me!"

"I said run."

"Fine." I said through my teeth. I stared jogging towards the wall, but I never hit it. It just kept getting longer and longer. "What the hell?" I mumbled.

"Faster." Not wanting to hear his complaining any longer, I ran into a full-out sprint. Trees were a blur as I fast them. Water dropplets were hitting my back, and I realized I was running on water. Ha! I thought. How did I not know I was running at full-wolf-speed? I shook my head and kept running.

I felt my knees give out and I fell on all fours, panting. I couldn't breath. My chest rose and fell in uneven patterens, my heart beating rapidly. I rolled onto my back and focas on breathing.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

The door swung open and a strong pair of arms carried me out. I looked over to see it was the same guard as before. The dark, brown hair was unmistakable. I still couldn't control my breathing. My heart was beating so fast it amazed me it wouldn't explode.

"Shh." He whispered. "Calm down. Your heart will too."

"Who are you?" I asked through deep breathes.

"Blaine." He said, keeping his voice low. He carried me down many hallways, turning ever now and then.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked him. "You work for him."

"Just because I work for him doesn't mean I don't have a heart. Not everyone who works here is as heartless and cold blooded as he is. I was just born into serving him." I felt him shrug his shoulders which also lifted me up and down.

He turned around and I felt him lean back. I heard a door open, but I was to tired to look. His hands shifted from under me, and they pulled me away from him. I landed on a soft bed. Looking around, I saw we were in the same room as before. 8 beds, with a large table.

"Thanks." I said, letting out a breath.

"My pleasure." Blaine said with a smile.

"Wait, what about Dylan?" I shot up. "You have to help him, too!" I started pushing him away.

"Relax!" He put his hands on my shoulders. "Your brother is fine. He had knowlege tests schedualed for today. You were the one with agility."

"That doesn't mean he's safe." I pointed out.

"No, but it doesn't mean he's in danger either." He pushed me back down on the bed. "Sleep. You'll need it."

I started to protest, but he pulled the covers over my head. I had to admit, sleep did sound good right now. "Thanks Blaine." He said something in return, but I didn't hear. I was already asleep.

3 months later

Dylan and I were still being tested. With every day, the tests got easier. Dimitri was focasing on our telepathy now more then our knowlege or agility. Seeing how far you can dig into someone else's mind, if you can read it, minipulate it, control it, is what we're looking for. He has said. That sentence has been replaying in my mind everyday I've been here.

What if Dylan's better at it? What if Dimitri picks him and not me? He would kill me. I pushed harder and harder everyday, not wanting to be the one who ended up dead. If I did, I'd never see my friends again. I'd never see Alek again.

Alek.

I hadn't spoken to him since about a week after the kidnapping. With the distance, it was harder to reach him. I hadn't thought about him much. He was always a part of me though, always a thought in the back of my mind.

But I didn't have time for him. I didn't have time for distractions. Distractions were.....well, distractions. And I had to be perfect. I didn't want to die.

I will be the one to survive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is really short.

To be honest.

I'm not sure how many more there will be....

but not a whole lot.

*WARNING* MEANING= Its almost over. :'(

iloveyouu!

-Nikole1199

(btw- this isnt edited, so dont hate.)

STOP. HATEIN'S BAD. <3

gotta love them LMFAO(: