one

for Kasey.
not only did you teach me to be happy, you taught me strength. thank you for everything. i love you, best friend.
rest in peace.
---------------------------------------------

i was in bed,
in the middle of the night.
thoughts were over filling my mind, i wanted to scream but i couldn't.
i had to get out of my room, the room that holds so much emotion.
i needed to escape the silence of my house, the silence of my family sleeping, happily.

i threw on a hoodie and went outside. the air is cold and bitter, i let out a heavy sigh and watched my breath accumulate in the air.
i started to walk, not sure where i was going, but walking kept my mind off things. the only luminance is the street lights that continued every block.

i stumbled upon people in the streets, usually drunks, some call out, some drunkenly whistle but they don't really scare me anymore, i lost most feeling now.

i walk to 'the edge' as some people call it in our city. the actual name for it is west field park, it was a park, it was fairly big, and usually packed everyday, but at night time it was vacant. the edge was a cliff, you had you hop a fence to get to, leading into the ocean then followed by miles upon miles of open water, on certain occasions you can sometimes see a faint light of a lighthouse way off in the distance.
nobody really went there, ever.

i sit right by the edge,
ignoring the voices in my head which one day will take over and i will do as they say.

i stare blankly into the water, i pull out a cigarette and a lighter and light it. the smoke automatically calms me
as i breath in the poison, i hear footsteps behind me, i turn around to find a shadow of somebody who looked familiar to me.

the moon glistened on his pale face, and revealed his ice blue eyes.
i could easily make out that it was Joseph Sugg, one of my best friends and one of the happiest individuals i know
"Joe? what are you doing here?"
i stood up.
"are you okay?"

i ask whilst looking at someone usually so happy and cheerful, completely drained.
"i guess i'm here for the same reason as you, sometimes thoughts j-just get to be too much."
he said quietly.
we both sat down, and he grabbed my hand, it shocked me as his hands were freezing.
until now i was unaware that Joe had any problems, his life seemed perfect.

Joe sat and looked at the moon, he struggled not to cry, i gently cradle his face and look him in the eyes.
"shut your eyes and think of somewhere."
i whispered
Joe closed his eyes, letting a single tear fall down his face.

~A/N~

hey guys! so this is my new story.

i really hope you guys enjoy this one, because i'm putting a lot of work into it.

if you did enjoy this chapter, please vote :)

*I will make a certain day planned for updates, but for the first few chapters I will post them very close together*

one more thing, if you have any requests/SUGGestions (pun intended) for what will happen in the story either comment, or message me.

thank you !!

bye :)