Who Are You? (IMF III)

Washington DC, Feb 2014
"I'll see what he wants and then I'm already back, you will see." Clint told Natasha as he entered the Smithsonian. "I gotta go" With a quick kiss he pulled his hand from hers and slipped into the darkened corridor. They weren't huge on PDA when in their own skin, but undercover it was one of their usual methods to avoid detection. And it always worked.

"Okay what is it? I quit active duty, remember?" Clint asked Ethan Hunt casually. It had been years since he last slipped on the personality of William Brandt, the IMF agent that quit active duty after a failed mission and became an analyst only to be pulled back into the field by Hunt and a concatenation of unfortunate circumstances, but he still knew hiw to do it. A little goofy here, a bit of insecurity there... no rocket science. "Yeah, it's a funny thing, really. Because you don't show up in the fucking database!" They were in a currently unused part of the museum so they would not be disturbed. Which was probably the reason why the IMF agent was not bothering with keeping silent "Ethan, I got literally no idea what you're talking about", Clint replied nonchalantly, making Hunt scoff. "According to the IMF database there is no agent William Brandt. Never was. So either you give me a real good reason for it or you tell me who the fuck you are!" The realisation that Brandt was not who he seemed to be had to have hit too close to home for the agent to be so upset. The archer sighed. "Okay" he then said nonchalantly. "I know you're here, Nat, come out", he called out to Natasha's mind. The next moment the red haired woman came around a corner and stood next to him. Would he have to guess on the weapons she was currently carrying, he would have said 3 knives, 2 guns and of course her widow's bites bracelets. Despite her casual attire. "Who am I? That's what you wanted to know, wasn't it Ethan?" Clint started after giving the his wife a quick kiss. "Well, who am I? Good question. Very deep. Let's start with the obvious, shall we? I'm not William Brandt." He cpuld see Hunt growing impatient, it was obvious in how the agent's muscles flexed. "I am many things. But an IMF agent is not really one of those." When Clint paused again, Hunt charged at the two. Releasing an exhausted sigh, because of course Hunt had to try to attack them, he wazched Natasha in action. She was breathtaking. Hunt wouldn't know what hit him before he was already bound to the next column. Fucking amazing! "I love it when you do that", he told her mentally. Then he approached his former team leader again. "You remember that mission where we should find and neutralize the Black Widow? The one after which I quit? That's her." He nodded towards the redhead that was smiling like the cat that ate the canary. Clint crouched down in front of Ethan. "It is an extraordinary stupid idea to try and take on the Black Widow." He laughed before he told Ethan: "I'm an agent of SHIELD. You can ask your superiors about us. Codename Hawkeye. Ask them for Operation BirdBlack, OpNumber SHIELD - LM24601. And now I really hope, this was all for now, so I can have a nice day with my girlfriend." With that he pulled loose the rope binding Ethan's wrists and left with Natasha.