Survival

Go and check out @DanteAquaMermaid's story 'Scars'!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been more on tumblr than wattpad
------

I groaned as I pushed myself off the ground, blood leaked from my mouth. Trying to escape the cruel group I was in was difficult, extremely difficult. I wiped away the copper-tasting fluid from my mouth and stared down Parker, the second in comand of the group.

"Come on, (Name). Just come back to the group, it will end the beating." He chuckled darkly.

"I will NEVER go back to that place. Just let me go, Parker; tell Joseph I got killed by a walker or something." I tried reasoning with him but he just gave me an evil smirk. He rushed at me and tackled me to the leaf covered floor once more. The larger male straddled my hips and raised his fists before swinging them in my face. I tried to swiftly punch him in the face but it didn't seem to faze him the slightest.

"Looks like I have to kill you. What a shame really but you know the saying; survival of the fittest." His large hands wrapped themselves on my throat. I tried desperately at clawing Parker but he wouldn't budge at all. My vision started clouding with black spots from the lack of air, but it seemed luck was on my side today. An arrow shot Parker right through his head; causing his body to fall over to the side. I started gasping and coughing for oxygen but my vision was still fading.

"Shit girl! Stay with me." I heard a southern accented man yell before I blacked out.

~~

I woke up with the worst headache in my life. Groggily, I sat up from the rather uncomfortable mattress and looked around at my settings. 'A...prison?'

"What the fuck..." I mumble out loud while scratching my scalp. Before I tried standing up, an elderly man wobbled himself into the cell.

"I wouldn't stand up yet." His voice seemed kind as well as his face. "My name is Hershel Greene and I am the one who patched you up. The one that brought you here is Daryl."

"Thank you, Hershel." You give him a friendly smile. "Where is the Daryl fellow? I'd like to give him my thanks."

"He's off talking to Rick about the whole situation. Rick's our leader here. Don't worry about impressions, he will love you. Although he will need a name."

"Oh sorry. My name is (Name) (Last name)."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl. You remind me a lot of my wife before she turned."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, Hershel. You have my condolences."

"No worries dear but thank you." He smiled and paused for a second. "I think I heard Rick and Daryl come into the cell block. I'll be back." He walked himself out of the cell, leaving me alone. I sat up and stretched my limbs out until three men, one being Hershel, came into the cell.

"Hello, my name is Rick Grimes." The one in the sheriff's outfit greeted with a firm handshake. "And this one here is Daryl."

"My names (Name). Thank you so much for saving my ass out there, Daryl." I try standing from the spring mattress but hobbled a bit to shake his hand. His callused hands gripped my forearms to steady me and I swear I felt something and with the look on his face I could tell he felt something too. We quickly shook hands and parted before I sat back down on the bed.

"No problem." He grunted with a shrug of his shoulders.

"So (Name), we'd like you to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?" Rick asked.

"Was that one of the questions?" I chuckled. "Go ahead, ask away."

"Funny. You'll fit in here. So... How many walkers have you killed?"