Arrows

A/N: When the group got split up from the prison, it was you and Daryl who were together. While on the road, the two of get confronted by four men trying to rob Daryl and you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~(Your P.O.V.)~

Running. It's been like that since the prison was attacked by the Governor. Though this day was an exception. Daryl and I found a little cabin in the woods and boy were we grateful for this pause of chaos. I sat close to Daryl while he poked the wood in the burning fire, trying to keep it going.

"Thank God for this cabin." I mumbled, wrapping my arms around my upper body. "We needed a small break."

"Mmhmm. Are we gonna spend the night here or are we gonna leave soon?" He asked, taking a break at poking the fire.

"Well what do you feel is best? Your the one with better judgement." I let out a small chuckle. We both sat in silence as we thought through on what we should do, until Daryl broke the silence.

"We should just rest for and hour or so. We can get back on the road lookin' for the group." I nodded at his words.

"Sounds good." We sat in silence once more, not the awkward silence but the nice, calming one. An hour passed and us two quickly put the flame out, packed our gear and exited the small cabin. It didn't take us long to find train tracks and a sign leading to a place called Terminus. "You think the others will be there?"

"Knowin' Rick, probably." Daryl and I continued walking down the tracks until night came. We set up a small fire on the tracks and sat in silence once again.

"I need to thank you, Daryl. Never really got the chance to." I let out a small chuckle.

"Thank me for what?"

"For savin my ass back at the prison. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be dead."

"Wasn't nothin'." He grumbled quietly, giving me a small pat on my shoulder. When he slowly retracted his hand away, a rustle was heard from behind us. As quick as lightning, Daryl aimed his crossbow and I readied (weapom of choice). Out from the bushes walked three men, aiming their weapons as well. I noticed that one had a bow and arrow, somewhat similar to the Rednecks beside me.

"Put your weapons down now cowboys." The one that seemed to be the leader spoke.

"Why don't you put yours down first." Daryl growled keeping his weapon up. The three men just laughed at his response.

"Now now, we don't mean you harm. Just give us your supplies and maybe a little fun time with little girly over there." The leader smirked and his friends laughed again.

"Fuck off you pigs." I snarled.

"Ooo fiesty. I like it." The other one chuckled darkly. Before I could retort or do anything, Daryl quickly pushed me behind with a glare that could kill on his face.

"Leave right now you sick fucks." The Southern man threatened again. I slightly stepped out from behind him, still keeping my weapon ready.

"Now now...Jeffrey, go and beat the shit out of whitetrash." Before the man took a step, I felt a arm roughly and quickly wrapped around my neck. The person dragged me away from Daryl; I let out a cry of pain as he added more pressure on my neck.

Daryl turned around to face the man and I, and if his last glare was deadly... This one is death himself. All of the men cackled at Daryl and I.

"Now of you don't want girly dead, I suggest to comply to our demands." They started to rummage through our supplies, looking for anything useful. Not wanting to be held agaisnt my will, I bit down onto the man who has been holding me hostage arm. He let go of me and I frabbed the knife, that was hidden on me, amd stabbed him in the head. Daryl quickly shot the one named Jeffrey and the leader in the head. The only one left was the one with the bow and arrows.

"If ya don't want to end up like your buddies, I suggest you leave. Oh hand hand me them arrows." The man nodded at Daryl and threw down his arrows and tool off running. The redneck grabbed the arrows off the ground and stomped out their fire. "It ain't safe to stay here, he might have friends around."

"Y-yeah." I coughed, still trying to recover from being almost choked. "Sounds good..." Daryl wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we began walking fastly towards Terminus. "Thanks again Daryl."

"Ain't nothin'. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt."

"Daryl?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you.." I blushed slightly. He gave my shoulder a squeeze.

"Yeah... I love ya too (Name)." He placed a kiss on my forehead and kept me close as we kept on walking.

~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Sorry once again this took a while. I have CASHEE tests coming up and I have been studying. So forgive me ヾ('▽`;)ゝ