Chapter Eight

The slam of a locker, the sound of loud chatter and thumping of feet was what brought Zayn from his daydream that Monday. First period was about to start but Zayn wasn't sure how long he could keep his eyes open for, they were half closed as it was, and there was still another 6 hours left of school - plus the extra hour he gets at the end of the day, were he usually just tidies up the classroom, talks to some of the other staff members or marks papers. 

The classroom door was pushed open, squeaking loudly and attracting Zayn's attention immediately. He watched as Mr. Sanders - the deputy head teacher - crept into the room, a bright smile on his face. 

"Good morning Mr. Malik, how are you today?" 

There's an overly happy tone to his voice, that has Zayn cringing in his seat, how can someone always be so happy, in a world full of pain?  

But then again, Zayn's always been an overeactor - and Liam's always pointed it out; laughing when Zayn's drama queen side would come out, claiming he loved Zayn's inner diva. -  Zayn sighs, because his over reactive side would usually take that the wrong way, and his aggressive side would begin to show through, and then things Zayn would prefer not to remember would happen, things that ruined a perfect relationship, things that led to losing the perfect boy. 

He manages a weak smile, though his eyes are stinging and tears are gathering, and thoughts such as I miss Liam. I miss Liam. I miss Liam. Liam, Liam. Have over taken his mind. "Yeah," he mutters, recoiling from the sound of his own voice, nobody's voice should sound that weak, "I'm fine."  

Mr. Sanders frowns, taking in Zayn's hunched over figure, and drooping eyes, "Zayn," concern flashes through his eyes, and if Zayn could find it in him to move, he would flinch away from it. He doesn't want people worrying about him, infact, he doesn't need people worrying about him, because he's fine. "are you okay?" 

Zayn frowns, did I not Just answer that?

"I'm fine," he repeats with a curt nod, his head aching at the movement, and brain begging to just shut down, to just give up, and stop trying. What's the point without Liam?/

"You sure." 

No, I'm dying inside

"Yeah." 

The older man still doesn't look quite convinced, and he sighs loudly, "Zayn, pack up your stuff, you're going home." 

"What?!" Zayn yells, shaking his head, "no, no I'm fine, seriously, I-" 

"Zayn," his mouth snaps shut, because Mr. Sanders is looking at him warningly, a sense of authority to his voice, "don't." he orders coldly, eyes blank as they watch the raven haired boy intimidatingly. "Don't ague with me. You're going home, and that's final." 

"Sir I can't, who's going to take my classes?" 

A shrug is his reply, followed by; "I'll find someone." and finished with; "Now go. Get some rest, and don't come back until your better." 

Zayn remains still for a moment, reluctant to go, but eventually begins throwing things into his back pack - because a breif case was far to cliché - the realization that this is possibly best for him taking over the desperate need to stay away from the quiet and lonely house for as long as possible. 

"I'll see you when you get back Mr. Malik. Do get better soon." 

Zayn nods once, shuffling out of the room, deciding to hold the back pack by its handle instead of slinging it over his back, because his shoulders are aching and he can't be bothered to go through the effort of getting it up there either. Over reactive, aggressive and lazy.. What a catch.

"Goodbye Mr. Sanders."  

He speed walks down the halls, small smiles being sent to his grinning students as he flees from the school.

He gets to his car in no time, and is hopping into it without a thought, throwing his bag onto the back seats - hearing the paper its filled with rustling together, and crunching with the sudden force - before buckling up his seat belt, keys already in the agnition and hands flicking the radio off before it can even start.. His heads still pounding. 

He drives home in silence - despite the dull roar of the engine, and the occasional ticking of the indicators. - he likes it and hates it at the same time. Its great because it gives him plenty of time to think, but its also awful, because it gives him time to think.

When he pulls up outside the house he grabs his bag and slowly makes his way out the car and to the front door, entering the living room within seconds, his shoes and coat discarded to the side. Deciding that a quick nap would be in his best interest, he makes his way over to the couch, pulling the blanket that was folded over the back across his shivering body, his heads burried in pillows that he has gathered at one end. Eyes closed, and sleep taking over him in mere moments.  

"Hey," he whispers, edging closer to Liam, who looks up startled, before grinning widely at the raven haired boy.

"Hi," the brunette replies with a wave, before patting the space beside him, "what're you doing here?"

"I came to see my beautiful boyfriend of course," Zayn teases, moving in close to Liam's side, "how's the studying going?"

The brown eyed boy's smile faulters, and he heaves a sigh, shrugging his shoulder, "not so good." He admits, throwing the - overly large - book onto the table solemnly.

Zayn smiles sadly patting his boyfriends shoulder, "It'll get better," he assures with a light smile, "Just give it time. Kay?"

The younger of the two nods, throwing Zayn a tight smile, "yeah, you're right. As usual." He jokes.

The dark eyed boy grins nodding his head. "That's right," he nods smugly, "and don't you forget it."

Liam giggles, leaning his head on the dark eyed boy's shoulder, "I won't," he promises, a sarcastically genuine smile on his face.

"Good! Now gimme a kiss!"

The brunette laughs, shaking his head and humming thoughtfully, "I'll think about it." He jokes, turning his face from Zayn's overly puckered lips.

"Pleaaaaase," Zayn begs, pushing his lips out further, pursing them together, creating small kissing noises, "you know you want to."

Liam chuckles, nodding his agreement, "you got me there."

He leans over placing a sweet kiss on Zayn's wet, pink lips, before pulling back and grinning giddily, a dark red tinting his cheeks and ears.

"I best get back to studying then," he breaths, glancing at the pile of books and papers that litter the small picnic table.

"Okay," Zayn agrees, pecking Liam's neck, "I'll pick you up after school, yeah?"

"Sounds good to me."

Zayn - now standing up - slowly leans over to peck Liam's hair, before running his hand over the spot, "Bye," he whispers into the hair, nudging his nose against it, "Love you."

"Love you too!"

A loud knock at the door startles Zayn, immediatley causing him to sit up straight, chest heaving rapidly and eyes wet with tears.  
He misses that, how they were before his anger took over and ruined the relationship, how they were so cute and sweet and caring and cheesy and annoyingly in love, and just so... perfect,.. Yeah, he misses that.. 

He pushes himself up with a groan, heading to the door, grunting with each step he takes. 

He throws the door open with a sigh, eyes blown wide when he sees who's standing before him. 

"Liam?"

**************

A/N Admittedly not as good as some of my previous chapters, but I tried, and because I'm so focused on getting the chapters up as soon as I can I feel like I'm not concentrating enough on the quality of the chapters, so, sorry for that.
What's your favourite chapter so far? (Don't worry if you don't have one, I obviously wont mind, I just think it'd be nice to know what chapters you guys have been liking?)
Good luck to everyone who's been nominated for the '1D bromance awards' thing, I've seen tons of people posting about their story being nominated, so good luck if you've been entered!

Hope you enjoyed. Tell me what you think?