Chapter Six

Voicemail; Liam's voicemail. Its all Zayn hears. He's called Liam a total of 7 times already and not once has he answered. Only voicemail. The annoying woman telling Zayn that the person he is calling cannot pick up the phone right now - and why Zayn would wonder each time the woman's voice would inform him, the same sentence repeated every time Zayn would call, you're not giving me enough information. Why can't he answer.Why can't he pick up the phone.Why. Why. Why. Tell me, please. But the woman would never answer. She would ignore Zayn's pleads. A scripted voice continuing on without falter. A voice that Zayn hated. A voice that would always interrupt the ringing, when all Zayn wanted was Liam. But it was just a voicemail. Recorded from a stupid phone company. Programmed to repeat the same thing, over and over again.

It couldn't hear Zayn. Couldn't understand how desperate he was. No, it was just a voice. Sometimes, -if Zayn hadn't already hung up tediously, only to try again moments later. - Zayn would here the voice tell him to try again later - buuuut Zayn would whine, feet stomping furiously, * I can't wait till later. I want to talk to Liam now.* - He would always hang up after that, not wanting to hear the resounding beep at the other end off the line, followed by the opportunity to leave a message if he wishes; but he doesn't, to afraid that Liam doesn't want to hear from him. And, to be honest, he's really not sure what he'd say. He wouldn't know what to say if Liam answered either really; but at least that way, he gets to hear his voice.

After Zayn listens to the drawling voicemail once again he decides its about time he should stop, because, well, seriously.. this is getting out of hand. He's already thrown the phone onto the coffee table, and is running a shaky hand through his damp, greasy hair - he really needs to shower. Even his students are beginning to notice it. - He stands up lazily, shuffling across the floor and unlocking the back door, stepping out into the back garden, having had the conclusion that some fresh air will help to relieve some stress, help him think a little more.

It doesn't work, there's still that ache in his chest. Pressing hard against his chest. And Zayn's having difficulty breathing.

It's not a nice day, but its not a particularly bad one either. Its a muggy kind of warm, and the skies are stained grey. But there's a nice breeze to the air, that flows by occasionally. And its quiet. And peaceful. But Zayn's still not happy. Because Liam's not here. Not here to warn Zayn that the sky looks a bit iffy, warning him that it's most likely to rain any moment now, Or to call Zayn daft when he suggests that, 'hey, maybe we should take a walk through the park,' or to grin when Zayn would pout and ask 'why not', - and a cheeky smile would spread across the tanned boys face, - 'I like seeing you wet' and he would wink at Liam who would blush, and stutter, and Zayn would laugh, and pull him close, call him cute only to grin at the way Liam's cheeks would turn brighter and he wouldn't look Zayn in the eye, and 'Shut up' Liam would order playfully, pushing at Zayn's shoulder before pulling him back, only to burying his burning face into the older boys neck. And Zayn would laugh, and pull Liam's face up for a kiss, and they would just be happy, so happy. And then Zayn would whisper 'I love you', into the kiss, and Liam would nod slowly, smiling giddily before murmuring, 'I love you too'.

A single tear runs down Zayn's face, because that's not what's going to happen. Because Liam's gone, and he wont answer any of his calls, or reply to any of his texts.. And its Zayn's fault. He knows it, knows its all his fault. He would blame it on the anger, on his anger issues, but its his fault for not being able to control them. He hurt Liam, so much, and now, he feels as though its only fair that Liam gets his own back, hurting him mentally and killing him inside.

***********

A/N Was gonna add more but it was to late for that, so I just ended it quickly. Not sure on this chapter yet, I'll have to read it a couple more time before I know what to think about it. /:

Tell me what you think about it. And if you have any ideas on what you think I should do that might help this story just tell me and I'll try to add them in.

I've not decided yet but I think there might only be a few more chapters left :o(.

Exciting(ish) stuff coming soon :D So I hope you enjoy that.

If anyone would be willing to make me a new cover I would really appreciate that, just comment below or inbox me, and I'll give you my email. Would really love it if someone gave it a shot, kinda bored of the current one, and the words don't even fit properly. /:

Bye, thanks for reading, and sorry for the really long authors note. :o)