Chapter Fourteen

Because I have been so slack with updating here is another chapter. It is currently 1.25am and my eyelids are struggling to stay open! But I finished this chapter for you so I could post it tonight, see how dedicated I am to you all? I think that at least deserves a couple of votes and comments. Would you agree? ;) But anyways here it is. This whole chapter is Harrys point of view, bit different but I hope you like it ! ENJOY MY MINIONS! Totally joking, i love you all.

HARRY P.O.V

I slammed my car door shut and made my way up to my flat. My blood was boiling, I was that angry. Not at Payton but at myself. I can't believe I emotionally AND physically hurt her. I fumbled for my keys in my pocket and unlocked the door and made my way inside. Straight away I headed to the kitchen and started going through my cupboards to find some leftover bottle of bourbon I kept in my cupboard for emergencies. I pulled out a cup and poured myself a drink. I finished the drink in a matter of seconds and poured myself another. I leaned with both hands on the counter trying to control my breathing. The look of Payton's face after I let go of her wrist, tears pouring down her face and the look of fear in her eyes kept replaying in my head.

"GOD DAMMIT HARRY!" I yelled throwing my glass at the wall shattering it to tiny pieces. I couldn't help but look at the glass and think of it as a metaphor for my life. Here I was, a disappointment to my family and best mates, drinking again when times got rough and a monster to the girl I was in love with. My life was shattered just as much the tiny fragments of glass that now lay on the floor.

I grabbed the bottle and sunk down to the floor and started to sob, running my hand through my hair and pulling on my curls taking a few guzzles from the bottle in between sobs. What was I to do? I have always had a bad temper but I never wanted to take it out on Payton, no matter what she did or how much she hurt me. I knew why she was like the way she is. I knew why she built up those walls, but I made it my mission to tear them down. I knew she would run when she got close to someone, it had become her second nature. But I still got mad and hurt every time. I put myself in this position and I only have myself to blame. Now I will never have the chance to possibly allowing those glimpses of that carefree 19 year old girl she really was to break through those walls. I knew the words I spat at her in anger would of hurt her just as much as the bruises which now probably marked her skin. I had now become the reason why she built those walls, so people like me couldn't hurt her like I did today.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. I put the bottle down and got up. I really didn't want to see anyone but the thought that Payton may be on the other side of that door made me put one foot in front of another until I reached the door. I wiped away the leftover tears and turned the knob to reveal 4 people I did not expect to see. Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn. Oh what perfect timing.

Louis was the first to speak, "Harry mate, I hope your not busy. We were hoping to have one of our boys days."

"I brought super mario and everything!" Liam smiled holding up the game in his hand.

"I brought a pizza!" Niall exclaimed. "But I kinda ate it on my way over here." he said opening an empty pizza box.

"So basically you have no choice but to let us in." Zayn laughed pushing past me into my flat, followed by the rest of the boys.

Normally their antics would make me laugh, but not today. I felt numb. Broken.

"Harry!" Lou called making me jump a little. I followed his voice to the kitchen. The boys stood looking around at the mess I made earlier and Louis held up the bottle of liquor which was now basically empty.