Chapter Seven

HARRY P.O.V

I pulled up to the familiar bar in my Range Rover and switched off the engine. It was already getting late so the place was already filled with drunk people. I walked over to the door almost nearly getting vomited on by a drunk girl out the front.

As soon as I opened the door I was hit with loud thumping music and the smell of alcohol and cigarettes. I went to walk over to my usual seat when I caught a glimpse of a familiar head of hair. 

Payton.

I was sure of it. I followed her to the dance floor. She was stumbling obviously completely wasted. I had nearly caught up with her when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to see my friend Damon who worked here. Glad to see a familiar face I pulled him in for a hug.

"How's it going man? Haven't seen you around in a while, was starting to think you were cheating on me with another bartender." he and I both laughed.

"Nah, you know I would never do that Damon! I've just been really busy with band stuff ya' know? How have you been anyway? " I said as I smiled, but his attention was to the dance floor. I followed his gaze and spotted Payton. She was trying to make her way to the exit and was failing miserably. Next thing I know she drops to her knees before completely passing out.

Without thinking I ran over to her pushing the sweaty bodies away from me. I looked down at her face and saw her cheeks were wet with tears. She was holding onto that necklace she always wears like no tomorrow. Even though she was completely out of it she held onto that necklace with an iron grip. I barely know this girl but seeing her in such a state broke my heart. I picked her up and made my over to the exit kicking the doors open before driving her back to my flat.

Once inside I laid her on my bed and took off her white converse sitting them next to my night stand. I then grabbed some of my track pants out and sat on the bed unbuckling her jeans. Not once did I think in some perverted way like most guys would taking off this gorgeous girls pants. All I wanted was her to be comfortable in every way possible and to take care of her. I don't know why but she really brought my protective side out. Even at the academy when I'd see her walk down the halls and hear the guys say dirty things about her, I wanted to go over to them and smack them right in the nose.

I slipped her in my track pants before putting the covers over her. I was about to grab the other pillow and doona to go and sleep on the small single seater couch in my room when I saw that she was still holding her locket. Curiosity took over me and I gently took the locket from her hand and opened it. Inside was a picture of two girls, one looked about 4 and the other looked about 6. Both of them wore big toothy grins the youngest showing two gaps in the front. I could tell instantly that the youngest was Payton by those eyes. She looked so happy and carefree and didn't have that sadness in her eyes that she does now. 

I closed the locket and placed it on the night stand before looking back at her. Her long curly hair was scattered widely over my pillow and her pink plump lips were slightly parted as she took soft even breaths. She was beautiful. Not hot, not sexy, not pretty, but utterly beautiful.

Just looking at her made my pulse race. I didn't even know this girl yet she had such a tremendous effect on me.

It took all my power to finally look away from her and walk over to the couch. I got myself comfortable, well as comfortable you can get on a single seater couch, before I let sleep take over me.