Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

I strolled through Hyde Park in London and couldn't help but feel at peace. It was the beginning of Summer here, the sun felt amazing on my face, there was a cool breeze forcing my long ombre hair to blow behind me. I thought it was funny how people here thought that this weather was hot here, this honestly just felt like nice Autumn's day back at home for me. You see I'm from Sydney, Australia. 

A few months ago I received a letter from the Wilton Academy of Music saying I have been accepted to join them for the Summer program here in London in which a full scholarship may be rewarded at the end of Summer. 

I thought back to the day I received the letter, it was one of the happiest days of my life, my sister was so excited and proud of me. I pang of sadness hit me. My sister. I miss her so much. I tried to force the thoughts of my sister to the back of my head, but failed and the flashback hit me.

I walked out of uni, thank god today was over, if I had to listen to Sara one more time about some stupid guy she hooked up with last night I was going the claw my eyeballs out.

"Seriously Payton you should of seen his eyes, they were so blue! Oh and don't get me started on those abs, good lord I thought I was going to get pregnant just looking at him! I should totally ask him if he has friends for you Pay!"

I groaned.

"Sara seriously, you have been talking about him for hours now. I need to get going, Mum asked me to pick up some groceries after uni and it's already getting late. I'll text you later k?" I said, trying to hide my annoyed tone.

"Sure, whatever. I'll see you tomorrow, oh and by the way I may have a gig lined up for you this saturday!" she smiled widely. 

Sara, one of my best friends. As annoying a she could be I loved her to death. She had such a heart of gold and was always trying to help me achieve my dreams.

I gave her a hug and walked to my car. I rushed to get the groceries wanting nothing but to get home and just crash. No one was at mine except my sister Melissa, so I wouldn't have my parents annoying me.

I got home and slipped off my vans and put the groceries on the table.

"Melllllllll! You home?!" I called out.

No answer. Hmm weird.

I trudged upstairs and opened the door to her bedroom, there was a light coming from beneath the door of her bathroom. I opened the door and screamed.

There was my older sister laying in a bath. Surrounded by blood with thick gashes on her wrists. I squeezed my eyes shut. This is not real. It can't be real. Please. Please. I opened them again and she was still there. I ran out of the room and grabbed the phone on her bedside table and called an ambulance. I than walked into the bathroom grabbed both of her hands, held them and cried and cried.

Fresh tears sprang to me eyes. I lost my best friend that day. All because of stupid girls that thought it was funny to pick on my sister. You see my sister was the pretty one at school. She was athletic, smart and too ridiculously nice for her own good. They guys loved her but the girls hated her. She couldn't walk out of the house without sticks being thrown at her, boys would take advantage of her niceness and always end up breaking her heart. Too many times did I sit on her bed with her and held her while she cried. I was so angry, so angry that they did that to her. That they could just easily hurt her and think it was okay. The day my sister died was the day I lost my old self. I changed. I'm not as nice as I used to be, because I don't want to get used or walked over like my sister, I don't trust everyone and tell them my secrets, because behind every fake smile is a backstabbing bitch. I distance myself from people because in the end, they're only going to leave. I have changed because I have come to realise I'm the only person I can depend on. I will not let people hurt me how they hurt my sister.

I pushed back my tears and my anger, I was in London for god sake, starting at Wilton Academy tomorrow. I should be happy. I looked back down at my book, 'Wuthering Heights'. I have probably read this book at 50 times, it was one of my all time favourites.

Suddenly I bumped into some and dropped my book, it landed right in a puddle.

"Dammit" I said and bent down to retrieve my book.

The person I ran into bent down too.

"Im really sorry, I must not of been looking where I was walking" The boy said, I couldn't see his face, all I could see was a mop of brown chestnut coloured curls, by his voice he didn't sound much older than me. He stood up and reached into to his pocket and pulled out a money bill.

"Oh no, don't worry about that. I have got about another 5 copies at home. It was my fault anyway. I should really stop reading while walking." I huffed.

He then looked up at me. I swear I have never seen such green eyes. He looked at me so intently. He seemed familiar. Normally I would of just walked away by now but I couldn't pull away. Its like his eyes held me there. Motionless. I couldn't move. He then smirked, obviously realising what effect he was having on me. That was enough to shatter the trance I had been in. Ugh that smirk was so cocky. I hate cocky. I snatched the book from his hands and turned on my heel and started to walk away, my brown to blonde ombre hair blowing once again in waves behind me.

"Hey! I never got your name!" The boy called from behind me. I ignored him and kept walking. The last thing I needed was a stupid boy screwing things up here. Besides I don't date. Not anymore. Wait why am I even thinking about him? He was a nobody to me. But in the back of my head a little voice said 'but he is the first to get to the real you behind those walls'.