-6- Sibling group

Start from the beginning

"Jonah, follow me! I know a great spot to watch the city!" Mary ran up the hill fast, jumping over rocks and boulders.

Jonah had a hard time catching up, he was breathless and couldn't stop questioning how Mary was so fit. "Are you always like this?"

"Like what?" She giggled.

Jonah smiled, "amazing."

"Yes." Mary nodded.

"Who are you Mary, like truly who are you?" Jonah asked as the two of the sat off the cliff looking at the city as it flickered

"Do you really want to know?"

Jonah nodded. "I want to know everything about you."

Mary took a deep breath as the two sat in the silence for a few minutes.

"Bloody."

"What?" Jonah said as he looked off into the night.

"I'm Bloody Mary."

He laughed, "your a ghost?" Jonah did not believe Mary one bit.

"No, of course not."

Jonah shrugged.

"I'm something else." She whispered.

Jonah neared her lips he gently grazed over them. He touched her shoulder loosening the strap. She backed up a bit and started to kiss and nibble on his ear. She lifted up and said, "I'm a vampire."

Jonah backed up a bit, "that is not a turn on you know."

"It wasn't meant to be." Mary said as she stood up.

Jonah smirked, "what if I say I don't believe you?"

Mary smiled. "Ill happily be okay with that."

The two of the, sat on that ledge for hours. Staring out to the city of stars. The two of them couldn't be any happier. Everyone could see Jonah loved Mary romantically, but Mary's love for Jonah was different. She seen him as a brother to protect, maybe even a child, her own child.

"You."

The two of them jumped up from where they stood. A man wearing a cameo top, and dark pants stood where Jonahs truck was parked.

The man neared them, "stay away from the human boy." The man took out a large wooded sharp stick. "I will stake you vampire! Even if it's the last thing I do!"

After that, all Jonah could see was red.

Hours later

"Jonah wake up." Jonah looked around to see he was on the pavement. "What happened?" He rubbed his eyes over and over. He turned on his side to see a shoe. He crooked an eyebrow and his vision looked up to see. Jonah lifted up fast backing up on the floor, ripping holes into his pants. His breath sped up, "a man." He shook unconditionally. "He's. His eyes are open. He's not blinking."

Mary bent down and took Jonah's hand. "He's dead."

Jonah looked up until his eyes met sockets.

She patted Jonahs shoulder. "Thank you for looking into my eyes, I shall take all of your colors except for the most important...red."

After that Jonah was scared, hurt, and could only see black, white and red.

(End of Flashback)

I didn't know if I believed Jonah. I wasn't sure if I could, this was to out of the box, even for me.

I laid in my floor rubbing my temples.

"Dom! Can you come down please." My mother hollered from the first floor.

I walked down the stairs to see a large dinner at the table. "What's with all this?" I asked looking at the table.

My mother smiled. "Since your father had to go to Atlanta for the weekend, I decided to invite a few coworkers over."

I nodded understanding my mother's social life has been in the negatives for the past few months.

She cleared her throat, "I also asked them to bring their...kids."

"No mom, I already have friends."

"You have a friend." She corrected me.

I laughed, "and he's enough for me."

She rolled her eyes and placed more fruit onto the table. "Should I offer wine?"

"Well if your sharing..."

My mother walked back into the kitchen. The door bell rang loud, echoing through out the house.

"Dom can you get that." My mother cried from the other room.

I walked slowly to the door, dreading every moment. As I opened it slowly I noticed a familiar face. "Its you."

The grey eyes stared at me in shock, the man did not say word.

"Dom, who is it?" My mother growled as she turned the corner to see who was standing outside the door. "Grayson? Hello, you're early." My mother said gushing over him.

I couldn't help but to stare. He was beautiful. 'Did I just call a man beautiful? I am not a fag, gay, unicorn, fluffy, or what ever we call it these days. Nope..I am not that disgusting.'

"Hello." He introduced himself, as our eyes met I could feel him looking deep into my soul.

"H..h..h..I I." My voice stuttered, 'am I chocking on my words?'

"Dom, this is Mr.Grayson the pretty much CEO from where I work." My mom introduced us.

I found my words and began, "aren't you pretty young to be a CEO?"

"Yes, yes I am." He replied

I felt my cheeks flush, 'I'm not bushing, I just have the flu.' I told my self over and over again.

He stood aside. "Let me introduce you to my...family." First came in Charles, his hair slick back and a giant grin on his face. "This is Charles, my...cousin and his sister Jules, my other cousin." Next came in was a young girl. "This is my...cousin's son."

Charles threw Grayson a glare, but he instantly shrugged it off.

My eyes widen, 'that couldn't be a boy.' I looked at his small frame, and feminine features.

He introduced himself, "my name is Rin."

"His real name is Julian." Charles mumbled as if he wanted to start a war.

Rin rolled his eyes, "I would like for you to call me Rin."

I nodded, not really caring about either.

When I looked up I could see the devil himself.

Grayson cleared his throat, "this is Daryl"

"My brother."

---
Remember to vote and comment