Chapter Thirteen

Mulai dari awal

"Easy there Payton, the floor does seem to like you a lot." Harry giggled with me still in his arms as he looked down at me through his long thick lashes.

"Oh shut up Harold. It's not my fault I was cursed with uncoordinated limbs." I giggled back and playfully slapped him knowing how much he hated it when people called him Harold.

Afterwards we stood there just looking at each other, me still in his arms, before my brain started clicking again and I quickly pulled away, leaving him standing there awkwardly, pain evident in his gorgeous green eyes I was lost in a few moments ago.

He quickly recovered himself and walked over to a seat and picked up his guitar and some sheet music. I followed and sat next to him.

"So I was thinking we work on one of my favourite songs today." he said handing me the piece of paper which read 'Wonderwall by Oasis'. As we started singing I couldn't help but think Harry was singing the song to me.

"Back beat, the word was on the street

That the fire in your heart is out

I'm sure you've heard it all before

But you never really had a doubt

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding

And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I

Would like to say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all, you're my wonderwall." he sang, making my heart flutter at the words. I pushed the thoughts aside and focused on nailing the song and making it through the mentoring session without throwing myself at him.

***

After we finished we said our awkward goodbyes. I turned on my heel ready to start hurrying to my next class, I wasn't late I just wanted to get myself away from the awkward situation. But before I could get away an arm came out and grabbed my wrist.

"Pay wait." Harry sighed. Causing me to turn around and face him. The way he looked at me put me in a trance. He had to this effect on me from the very first time I saw him. It was the look that made me hate him because his eyes bore right into me stripping away the walls I had so securely built up since Melissa died. I hated how he made me feel vulnerable and unable to hide beneath his gaze. But it was also the same eyes that I fell for.

"What happened the other morning?" he quietly spoke looking down at his hand that was still wrapped around my small wrist. I was hoping this topic wasn't going to be brought up, but I thought of a lie just in case it did. It wasn't like I could say "Oh you know the usual panic attack because I forgot to tell you Haz Im in love with you!".

"I, uh, had to help Keira. She was hungover and begged me to go and get her some painkillers from the pharmacy." I technically wasn't a lie. She did beg me when I got back to my dorm to go and get her painkillers, it just wasn't the reason I left Harry.