4.2

We rolled up to the party at Michael's house in full style. No kidding, we were at least half an hour late but we were both wearing impeccable clothing. Calum gave me money to buy a dress and I did - and he was pleases and so was I. He just looked dapper altogether, you know, the kind of dapper you just wanna jump on and kiss their face off? That dapper. But Calum didn't seem in the mood and I didn't want to push him.

Michael wobbled towards Calum's car as we got out, his arm hung tightly around a girls neck. She strained in his grip but her cheeks were flushed with colour and her eyes were glittering. She gave me a small wave as they came towards us.

"Calum, Frankie - my people." He slurred, "This is Tiff."

"Hey." She grinned.

Calum nodded slightly and I grinned at her, hugging into Calum. He rubbed his eyes and looked at me for a moment. I tried to send him a quick smile but Michael and Tiff were staring at us and I didn't want to give off the impression we were having an argument. I didn't think we were anyway - we hadn't disagreed at all.

"Come in." Michael bopped his head, "It's cold."

The party was in full swing. People were basically having sex on Michael's pool table and I could hear multiple smashing sounds coming from the kitchen. Michael had shouted a few times for them to stop breaking his mum's favourite China plates but they carried on. He didn't seem to care after a few tries at making them stop.

I was pressed tightly next to Calum and I could feel his hand resting on my back. The blonde streak in his hair stuck to the top of his head and I rubbed his cheek slightly as Michael pulled us down and to the basement.

"I didn't realise so many people were gonna come." He shouted, passing us some cups of some kind of alcoholic substance.

"I didn't either. I thought it would be just us actually." Tiff mumbled, crossing her arms.

"Sorry, babe." He chuckles awkwardly, "I'm just so damn popular."

She scoffs a little and I giggle. Calum lets out a small smile but doesn't do anything more than that. He's making swift movements between his lips and the cup.

"Why were you guys late?" Michael asked.

"Calum was a little tired, no biggie." I nod.

Calum nods too, "This whole thing is tiring."

"What whole thing?" Tiff asks.

"Just something Calum does. Not sex. It's not sex. Although I'm sure they've had sex-"

"Michael." Calum spoke, "Shut up."

Michael goes a bright shade of pink and quivers a little when Calum moves his hand. I punch Calum lightly in the back and smirks down at me, running a hand through my hair and kissing my forehead. Tiff giggles as he does so causing Michael to groan and lean in to kiss her roughly on the lips. She scrambles under his grip for a moment but eases in and smiles, giggling as Michael pulls away.

Some kid I had seen in my Maths class stood up on a pool table, holding an empty bottle of vodka in his hand. A few people cheered under him as he tried to fix his balance. He was using a pool stick to help stand up, "Does anyone wanna play the best fucking party game ever?"

People cheer and whoop and clap.

"Spin the bottle!" He howls.

Michael cheers and pulls Tiff towards a forming circle of hormonal teenagers and Calum looks down at me, eyebrows furrowed. I shrug at him, guessing he was wondering whether I wanted to play or not, and take his hand. He takes it too and we stand there for a moment.