XII

Sasuke woke up the next day engulfed in warm covers and a peaceful sleeping blond next to his side. Sitting up, he scanned the room and wondered just how they got here and more importantly, if anybody had recognized them.

"Mm." Naruto groaned, lazily opening his eyes and smiling when his orbs of blue landed on Sasuke's dark ones. "Good morning." He mumbled.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" Sasuke asked, combing his hands through the blond's head.

"I should be asking you that." Naruto chuckled, burrying his head down into the covers. "Sai said we could stay here in the meantime. Not many people pass by so there's less chance of local authorities to come over this way."

Sasuke frowned, "Sai, huh? How do we know he's not planning on ratting us out later on?"

"I have my own problems with the police." Sai interrupted as he slowly opened the door, pushing it open with his hip and dragging a breakfast cart inside. "The chef sends her love." He smiled as he looked down at the food. "You might want to eat something, you're probably still sick."

Sasuke suspiciously eyed the boy. "What problems do you have with the police?"

Sai, busy with opening the blinds, stopped and slowly placed his hands by his side, clenching them into tight fists as he recalled a memory that should've been forgotten. Waiting for an answer, Sasuke stared and watched from where he sat on the bed to the smiling boy who only tilted his head and said, "Just a little misunderstanding, is all."

Raising an eyebrow, Sasuke then turned over to Naruto, who stuck his head out from under the covers and sniffed the air. "Thanks, Sai!" Naruto immediatley removed the covers and walked up to the breakfast cart.

Sai smiled once again, "No problem. I'll be back at the shop if you need me. Feel free to look around if you like. There are very few locals here, so I don't think you need to worry about being recognized. Most of us here tend to keep to ourselves and don't like much drama."

"Thanks again, Sai!" Naruto mumbled, a piece of toast in his mouth. Sai smiled warmly towards the boy and bowed his head towards Sasuke before closing the door behind him.

"He's really nice, isn't he?" Naruto asked, busy on eating another piece of toast.

"Yeah, sure." Sasuke sighed. "Hey, don't hog all the food to yourself."

"Why, you want some?" Naruto teased.

"Idiot, of course I do. Hand it over." Playfully, Sasuke reached out for the toast in the boy's hands, Naruto laughing along and moving around. Finally, Sasuke caught his wrist and lowered Naruto's hand to take a bite of the toast. "It's good."

Naruto gulped, watching Sasuke bite down and chew. Slowly, the dark haired boy's eyes caught the blond's, smiling lecherously as Naruto placed the food back on the plate and pulled him in for a kiss.

---

"Stop." Naruto laughed silently as Sasuke hugged him from behind, lowering his face into the nook of the blond's neck.

"I don't wanna." Sasuke spoke, tickling Naruto's neck with his lips in the process.

"Can't you just keep your hands off me?"

"Why would I want to do that?" Sasuke asked, lifting his head up as the elevator door opened. "I like touching you."

Naruto blushed, "Yeah, but you just finished touching me not so long ago. And very roughly, may I add." Sasuke chuckled as the blond recalled what just happened in their hotel room.

"You can't call it rough if you can still walk."

"Sasuke!" The blond's cheeks reddened a bit more.

"Relax, Naruto. At least nobody heard us, there's barely anybody in this... whatever this place is." Sasuke shrugged, walking ahead to a store nearby. "Hey, look, might as well hang around, huh?" He pointed towards an old arcade.

Following the dark haired boy, Naruto took in the little stores surrounding them. Only a handful of them were small diners, about three hotels and an arcade. The only gas station he'd seen so far was the one Sai worked at.

"Enjoying the scenery?" Sai asked, startling the blond. Sasuke turned around and frowned. "Relax, Sasuke, I'm just passing by." Sai smiled, irritating the Uchiha even more. "I'm on break." He added, then joked about how he was always on break anyways.

"Ah, y-yes." Naruto spoke, blocking Sasuke's glare and smiling towards the other boy. "We're just looking around."

Sai nodded, "Then I'll be on my way." He started walking to his destination, then stopped as he remembered something. "By the way, the lady at the diner wants to know if you're interested in joining us for a bonfire tonight."

"Bonfire?" Naruto asked.

"It's just something we do when we have visitors. Something we do all the time anyways."

"Sasuke, can we go?" Turning to Sasuke, Naruto pleaded with his eyes, hoping the Uchiha would agree.

Sighing, Sasuke rolled his eyes and hung his arm around the shorter boy. "Fine."

Celebrating, Naruto smiled and placed a small kiss on Sasuke's cheek.

"Very well, I hope to see you back at the hotel, then." Sai waved goodbye as he continued on to his errand. Sasuke rolled his eyes as soon as the boy made a turn at a corner.

"Why do you not like him?" The blond asked, truly curious as to why Sasuke didn't trust the nice boy.

"Call it instict. I just know he's going to do something." Sasuke answered, his voice all too serious for Naruto to say anything else.