VI

"Stop," Fugaku roughly shoved Sasuke's hand away before the younger Uchiha could continue packing. "You're not taking anything with you, just get out and don't ever step anywhere near here ever again."

On the inside, Sasuke was wounded. He was trying his best to hide it, but this was just too much to try and keep hidden from everyone else. It seemed his own father didn't mind seeing the flash of pain in his son's eyes, and neither did it bother him that he was about to—no, he was—going to throw his own son out into the streets with nothing but the clothes he was wearing.

The two Uchihas held their gaze for a few seconds before Sasuke choked down his saliva and spoke. "Fine," He said, throwing aside the few shirts he had collected before he was stopped. "Even better, father."

There was a silence in the room, all eyes watching as Sasuke turned to the blond who stood quietly in the background and grabbed his hand. This, of course, surprised the two families, but one more than the other.

"N-Naruto, where are you going?" It was Minato, confused and still angry, who stuttered as he watched his son keep his gaze low as to avoid looking them in the face.

Naruto who stopped walking. His voice was breathy as he was scared of everything that was going on around him. His grip became tighter around Sasuke's hand as he mustered a small portion of courage to look in his father's direction.

"I'm going with him... dad."

And Kushina gasped loudly, her hands coming up to cover her mouth and the only expression left on her face was that of her eyebrows knitting together and more tears accumulating on her eyes. Minato looked stunned, as if he hadn't expected his son to say the words he did. At the very least, he had hoped the seriousness in his voice would shake him, scare him from saying anything and thus preventing the outcome that was now playing out before him.

Minato couldn't say anything as his son turned his back.

Having nothing else to say, the two boys hurried to get out of the house as fast as possible, leaving no time to look back and have a chance of burning their faces into their minds, although... they already were.

Disappointment. Disgust. Outright rage and hatred for who they were. It was all evident and they did nothing to hide it.

It was all an unusual feeling; it felt wrong for them. Sasuke could never imagine his own parents doing this to him. All his life, he had always had their support, their love. He had confided in them for many things, and they had always been happy to help. And yet... somehow this...

The Uchiha wiped a tear off his face before walking out the door. He didn't look back to check on Naruto, but he guessed the boy was still a lot worse than he was.

"Here," Itachi's girlfriend both startled him out of nowhere and rushed him along. She presented him with Itachi's car keys along with a small sum of money. "He said he'll meet you once he can, and that this money is for you guys to find a hotel to stay in. Do you have your phone with you?"

"I left everything in my room," Sasuke explained.

Konan made a face. "That's alright. Take mine. Call us when you've secured a place to stay and we'll go to you. Itachi's inside buying you guys time to leave, so I suggest you guys get going."

Sasuke smiled a bit, accepting the girl's phone along with his brother's car keys. He walked Naruto to the passenger seat before rushing back and taking the girl into an unexpected hug. "Thank you, Konan."

"Be safe," She replied, patting the boy's shoulder and watching as said boy hurried to the car.