Chapter 3 - XL

The next day at school passed by in a blur with lunch being the only time that I could talk to my friends. Before I knew it, I was standing under a brightly-lit number 8, waiting for a man to figure out what credit card he was going to use to pay.

I turned to the next customer so I could start scanning their stuff and internally groaned when I saw who it was. The one and only Evan Woods. I don't know what I did in another world to deserve this but it must have been bad.

Fortunately, he was doing something on his cellphone and didn't seem to notice me so I turned to the other customer and finished up his business.

Casually keeping my head down, I started scanning the items that he was buying and my eyes just grew wider after every scan. Box after box after box of condoms.

I rolled my eyes when I saw XL printed on all of them.

Mustering up the courage, I looked up and managed to restrain myself from drooling at Evan's messy, unkempt black hair, light eyes and strong jawline

With his looks and my brown hair, brown eyes, and brown skin, we'd make a horrible couple. I thought to myself. Wait what? Where did that even come from? I subtly shook my head, trying to get rid of these lunatic thoughts.

When he didn't seem to recognize me, my confidence grew and I tried to strike up a conversation.

"Looks like you'll be having some fun tonight, eh?"

Instead of answering Evan just stared at me, bored, and asked "Do I know you from somewhere?"

I opened my mouth to come up with an excuse, when a lazy smile appeared on his face, "If we've had sex and I don't remember you...whoops."

"We didn't have sex." I said, flatly.

His lazy smile disappeared and he appeared bored again. "What's the total?"

I raised my eyebrows at his sudden change of attitude "That'll be $20.95"

He handed me a crumpled twenty dollar bill, grabbed his bag full of "supplies" and left. I stared at his retreating back, tempted to call him back for the 95 cents but I knew it would be worthless

It was only after he left that I was able to let out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

-

Hey guys!! I got excited so I posted the next part whoops XD

Stick around because the story's just getting started and I promise it'll be exciting!!!

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!