#19. What happens next

Your POV

Two weeks past since the rematch between Killua and Zushi. Ever since then, we relaxed and only took matches on every now and then. Now, I'm getting ready for a match of my own. I was up against some guy named, "The Reaper," and he is said to be known for killing most of his opponents. This fact didn't faze me, if anything it made me more interested because I have always liked a good challenge. Not only that, but I wanted to get some more money before I sent Kyon my pay for the apartment rent.

My match started in five minutes so I wanted to chat with my friends before it started. "Hey Killua!" I greeted.

"Hey," he replied with a smile.

"Where are the others?"

"Saving me a seat."

"Why aren't you with them?"

"Cause I thought you were gonna want someone to talk to."

I smiled. He really did know me well. It's nice being able to call him my friend. He has put up with me longer then anyone else ever has. I feel like I'm starting to fall in love with him. I honestly don't know but if it's actually love. Maybe I'm just going crazy. I try not to think about it a lot. If I think about it too much, I might do something stupid.

"Hey, (y/n)." The silver haired boy interrupted my thoughts. "Alluka's birthday is coming up soon and I was wondering if you could help me plan a party for her." He paused for a moment; shifting his gaze and looking me in the eyes. "If you help me I'll buy you anything you want." Killua said with a slight hint of pink in his cheeks.

It took me moment to process this but it finally sunk in.

"Anything?!" My eyes sparkled. 'I can get enough sweets to last a lifetime. Or maybe a new games for me to play. Or maybe even....' I thought as I marveled at all the possibilities.

"Hey" Killua interrupted my thoughts once more by pinching my cheek.

"Ooowwww. What was that for?" I pouted; rubbing the now sore spot on my face.

"You had a stupid look on your face" he looked away. " You looked like a weirdo."

I felt my self esteem shatter at his words. " A w-weirdo?" I squeaked.

Killua started to blush at your reaction. "Why are you acting so weird?!" He asked.

My spirit dropped. Does he really think I'm a weirdo?

"N-no I mean, you haven't been acting like yourself lately."

"I haven't?" I said, not realizing the change in my behavior. I gave him a blank look, urging him to explain further.

"W-well, normally you act so cool and you don't care what others think of you. A-and usually you'd be teasing me about something stupid by now." He stuttered "Now you just giggle a lot and act really bubbly. You've also been blushing a lot and acting so fragile."

"Hmmm," I thought it over for a minute. "I guess you're right," I said softly. "But you have been blushing a lot too, Killua." I glanced over at the silver haired boy. "You've been stuttering more often and being clumsy"

"I-I have not." He said defensively.

"You have too!!" I replied. "See you're doing it right now!" I pointed at his pink face.

"Have not!"

"Have too!"

"Have not!"

"Have too!"

You puffed your cheeks and Killua stuck his tongue out. You continued to argue like children until you were interrupted by someone.

"Umm," a man said politely. "I don't mean to interrupt but the match is about to begin."

We nodded and he left. "Well I got to go." I said.

"Good luck! We'll be cheering you on!" Killua said with a retreating smile.

I made it just on time, as I arrived they were already introducing me. I walked towards the arena as the crowd roared with enthusiasm. I smiled and waved. I guess I've been getting used to the attention. I scanned the crowd and I somehow managed to see Killua and the others watching me. Once the plaudits for me calmed down, the announcer introduced my opponent.

"Now next we have someone that will definitely make this fight interesting! He is known to kill many of his opponents and shows no mercy! You all know him as 'The Reaper' and he sure does live up to this name! He is, the one and only, Cole Keller!"

The crowd went wild, but once those words were announced, my heart dropped into the pits of my stomach and rage numbed my senses. I narrowed my eyes shooting out deadly aura. Why is he here now? Why does he always have to do this? Dammit that bastard.

"Well well," he sneered. "I would have never thought we would meet like this. Buy it looks like your not so happy to see me now."

"You've got some nerve showing up like this." My words came out surprisingly calm despite my rage.  "You think you can handle the embarrassment of me kicking your ass in front of thousands of people?"

"Well someone seems confident." He smirked. "And this time you don't have Killua to back you up. All he can do is watch while I take you away."

The fight started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN:  So this is an exciting chapter. But I don't know about Cole's last name.... Keller.... (_) What do you think about it. I couldn't think of a last name for him so it turned into that. Speaking of witch, should I give the reader a last name or would the readers like to use their own last name.

Tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading!

❤️Goodbye you beautiful creatures!🍉