#15. Victory Cake

Your POV

I looked at the referee who stood their shocked and intimidated. I understand why. He just saw a 17 year old girl take down a man that was twice her size.

"U-um," he looked at his clipboard. "You can go ahead up to floor 180. You've already made to the 200s before. R-right?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled at him. He must've been new. He was pretty shocked.

I walked over to Killua, Gon, and Alluka. They greeted me with smiles.

"Nice job, (y/n)-chan!" Alluka chirped.

"That kick was awesome!!" Gon beamed.

"You were great!" Killua complemented.

"Thanks!" I said. "But it was no big deal. Taking him down was a piece of cake! And now that I mention it, I really want cake."

"Then lets all get cake to celebrate our victory to floor 180!!" Alluka cheered.

"Yes!" Killua beamed. "I haven't eaten all day! But do we have enough money?"

"We got our winnings from the match." I suggested. "But that's not enough."

We all stopped to think for a bit. Our thoughts were later interrupted.

"Hey! Long time no see!" A boy with short brown hair came over to us. He was wearing a martial arts uniform and looked like he was about a year younger than us.

"Zushi!!" Gon yelled. He ran over to the boy with such excitement in his eyes. "How did you know we were here?"

"I just had a feeling." He replied with a smile. "Plus I saw your matches."

"Zushi, this is Alluka, my sister, and our friend, (y/n)" Killua introduced motioning to us. Alluka waved and smiled.

"This is Zushi!" Gon chimed. "We learned our nen with him."

"Hello! Nice to meet you!" I greeted cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you too! I saw your match. Your amazing!" He complimented.

"Anyway," Killua quickly interrupted. "We were just our way to buy some cake to celebrate our advance to floor 80. Wanna come?" He asked.

"Sure!" Zushi agreed. "I'll even pay for you guys. Call it my reunion gift."

I watched a smirk spread across Killua's face. He knew Zushi would offer to pay, didn't he. Well played.

We found a small cake shop and bought our cakes. We sat down at a table just outside of the store.

"So why are you starting all over again?" Zushi asked. "Why don't you just start where you left off."

"Well we figured that we would get more money if we started from the bottom. We are all kinda broke." Gon explained.

Zushi nodded his head showing that he understood. He then paused. "If you guys are broke, then how were you gonna pay for the cakes?" We just stared at him blankly. His expression dropped once he realized what we did. "You guys planned to have me pay for your food all along." He sighed.