#34. Tears and Goodbyes

Your POV

I stood in shock as I watched the girl in front of me cry. Quin still tried to get up, but to no avail. She was barley managing to stay on her knees. Her breathing was heavy as more tears came out of her eyes. She clenched her fist, unable to do anything. I let my flames burn out, there was no use for them anymore. I wasn't going to kill someone that was struggling so hard keep fighting.

"It's not fair," she choked out. "I was never able to beat you even when you weren't there. That's why I hate you. You've always had it easy. You got friends, a boy friend, a family, and you didn't do anything to earn them!" She beat her fist into the ground with anger. "Father was constantly comparing me to you. It was always '(y/n) could do this before she could even walk' or '(y/n) would be able to do that without breaking a sweat' and it would just never end! I would try my best and work my ass off but I was nothing would change. It was never good enough for father." Her voice was shaky and her body was trembling. "So then that one day, when Cole came back empty handed, I thought I found hope. I thought maybe, if I could beat you and bring you back, then father would finally accept me, and I would prove to him that I was better. But even then I had to beg father to let me go, he never believed in me. Even then, I was only his back up plan."

I stood there expressionless, not knowing what to think. What was I supposed to do? What was I supposed to say? I felt sorry for her.

"What am I going to do now?" She mumbled. "I can't go back, not anymore. Father is just gonna abandon me. I'm gonna end up just like Cole, like trash, like nothing. But, I don't want to be that way. It's not fair!"

"It doesn't have to be," I said, my voice was incredibly calm. "You still have your own life. You don't need that man." I crouched down beside her, as if she was a child that needed comforting. "You will be fine on your own."

She pushed me away. "Don't pity me!" She shouted. "I don't need your comfort."

I smiled and then stood up boldly. "Then don't look like someone who needs pity. Stand up and walk on your own feet. Do what you wanna do."

She was finally able to wobble herself to a standing position. She smirked, "Don't take this kindly, but thanks. I still hate you so this isn't gonna be the last time we meet."

I returned the smirk and said, "I wouldn't dream of it. I still don't forgive you for any of the things you did to my friends and I never will. Next time you come close to any of us, get ready for a world of pain."

And with that we parted ways.

Time Skip (='∀`)('∀`=)

When I found the others, they were still in pretty bad shape. It wasn't until then when I remembered I had a healing ability that I could've used in the beginning. After healing them a bit, I dragged their bodies back to their rooms. I went door to door, checking up on all of them until they woke up.

"(Y/n)?" Killua mumbled. He squinted his eyes and rubbed his head as he tried sitting up. "What happened?"

"Good your awake. Quin knocked the day lights out of you," I said in a teasing tone. I laughed at myself, amazed after all I just went through, I was still able to make a joke.

He smiled. "Gah, I feel so useless now." He let himself fall back into his bed. "I can't even protect you."

"I honestly didn't need your protecting. Plus I'm still a bit mad about you kissing my sister."