Chapter 20; Verging on Madness

Author's Note:

Sorry this took me so long to get up, the prequel, which will be named I AM HERS. Will be up probably the day after, if not on the same day. I cant wait to get this finished and start on the prequel, I'm really excited to extend the history of Elliot and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Enjoy this chapter, and thanks to everyone who has been reading this for the past couple of months, it means so much to me. Thanks for helping me get this book to over a thousand reads, and I hope you had as much fun reading as I did writing it. BTW I'm sorry this is pretty short in comparison to the other chapters, I felt all that needed to be said in the last main chapter had been said. So I didn't attempt to make it any longer then I felt it needed to be.

So this is it, the end of I AM MI6. I really hope you liked it. Remember to keep an eye on my profile, it should have the new book up soon. I don't know what you guys might think of this, but even then I think I might write a sequel after the prequel. I just have so many ideas for Elliot, I'd love to carry on writing with him. Though if you guys didn't think that this would be a good idea, I would just leave it with the prequel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though hundreds of men and women stood either side of where a single wolf stood, his eyes were unseeing. Little logic was going through his head at this point, and his vision was nothing but a blur. All his eyes saw was the enemy and little else, as his vision slowly began to turn red. The black wolf stepped away from the body of his friend, now looking for only a single target and his mind could concentrate on little else.

His every scent was overwhelmed with the stench of death which now sat heavy on the air, burying its way beneath his skin and choking deep in his lungs. A faint buzzing was all that his mind could register, but otherwise nothing but silence surrounded him. Never before had the young wolf felt so alone.

It wouldn't have taken a genius to see what was happening to the young wolf, any one who knew even a little about dogs could have recognised the look in his eye. Similar to what would have been seen in the eyes of a rabid animal, but this was different. This was shaking.

Anyone who would have looked at him, would have recognised what was occurring. But that wasn't the most worrying thing to any knowing person who looked at him. The way his body shook with every breath that he took in, how is fur stood on end. As though a bolt of electricity had been shot through his veins.

Despite all of this, there was one telling sign to the wolf's behaviour. Where once had stood eyes like the ocean, now were eyes like mud. A dark and angry brown, with a hatred burning deep within them. Something dark was now where Elliot had stood before. This was a man out of control of his wolf. It was a man verging on madness.

His breaths came now in short and staggered pants, as he struggled to find his paws as the earth seemed to be swaying and swinging beneath his paws. When he caught a scent that made his concentrate snap to a start once again, a low growl echoed from the back of his throat and he stopped for a moment.

Drawing his lips back and baring his fangs to the air, tasting the air until he caught the scent he was desperate for, then with a swift movement he charged to the left like his paws had been connected suddenly to a magnet and he had no choice but to follow them.

In a moment of stupidity, a vampire through himself in front of the charging wolf, not understanding what had been going through the young wolf's mind, not reading the signs that this would be a fight which he wouldn't win. Within a second of the vampire pushing his way in front of the wolf, he was on the floor dead. Nothing would have stopped Elliot in his current state, only death would be able to stop him.