Chapter 15: Daughters and Demons

Now we had a vehicle to track, everything was set into motion and we all got to work. Russell opened up a car tracker programme onto the computer, and quickly began typing in the newly found number plate. Until more information was brought up, a clearer image of the same dark red land rover we had seen a moment before on the CCTV camera footage.

Beside the picture, several pieces of information showed up, giving details of the owner, where it had been registered, etc. Expecting to find nothing, probably a made up name in the details. I recoiled at the name that I saw, 'Theo Beckett.' The same man with whom I had laughed and joked around merely a week or so before.

A small amount of bile was now building up at the back of my throat, and I have to grip down on the arm of one of the nearby chairs. It creaked a little beneath my grip, but thankfully it did not snap in two from my mounting anger. The three other people in the room only glanced backwards at me, taking nothing of my actions, too busy concentrating on what was happening on the screens before them.

The sound of keys tapping stopped for a moment, and I look down expectantly at Russell, who is now looking back at me with a slight frown. "We have an address Elliot, of where the car was last seen by CCTV cameras. What do you want to do?" The question resonates in the air for a moment or two after the last word had left his mouth. I remain silent, a thousand thoughts came rushing through my mind, but I am able to form words with a surprising amount of calmness. Without so much as a stutter to my tone.

"What do you think? Come on lets get going. How far away is it?" I ask, narrowing my eyes down at the slightly younger man. He shrinks back slightly behind my glare, at any other time I would have apologised. But right now, my wolf has little mercy in his blood. It wouldn't take much for me to snap right now. My daughters were now within shouting distance of my finding them, and I wouldn't let something as small as feelings get in the way of my finding them.

He nods, remaining in an awkward silence for another minute or two before another screen has loaded up on the computer. This time a little less technical from the other few programmes, but useful all the same. As google maps showed the distance between where we were and where we needed to be.

Looking at the screen physically hurt me, when I saw how close that they supposedly were. I could have thrown a stone, and it would have ended up on the porch of the address. They hadn't even bothered to try and hide them away better, they hadn't thought that they would need to. That would be their biggest mistake.

The estimated time of arrival read as about twelve minutes from here to the address on foot. With Lisa's driving, it wouldn't have taken more then two and a half minutes at tops. The other three exchange a look, and I don't need to give the order. We all stand up almost at the same time, and begin to make our way out and towards the car park. All of us now carried a small hand gun, but I knew that they would probably not come in a great deal of use, if we were about to face what I thought we were about to face.

Bullets alone would not be enough to put a wolf out of action, not a werewolf anyway, unless it was a direct shot to the heart or brain. Something that even the accelerated healing of a wolf couldn't be able to heal in time. The best chance of killing a wolf, was with something made out of pure silver. Get it into the blood stream, or be able to create a bullet of silver, and that would be a sure chance to kill them.

There was only one cure for a silver poisoning in a wolf, and that was wolfs bane. A plant which hadn't been seen in almost seventy five years, there was little chance of a wolf surviving a direct blow from silver.

Unfortunately I did not have any silver bullets or daggers to hand, and therefore I would have to do it the old fashioned way. I would have to convince the other three to stay back, and take shots from somewhere that they wouldn't be able to get in harms way. There was little chance that they would be able to go into a close combat situation with a werewolf, and come out of it alive. Almost none, but I had to give my friends some credit.