Chapter 8; War Stories

Author's Note;

As a celebration of reaching 200 reads [it might not seem like a lot to many, but I am really happy about it.] I am thinking of writing a trivia page for this story just talking about how I got the idea and interesting facts about the story which will not be included in the chapters, but things which may just be interesting for the readers to know. So I thought it might be a good idea if you guys the readers, left questions in the comments of the next couple of questions that I could answer about the book. How I got the idea, and anything else you may be curious about. This will probably completely fail and no one will ask, but I thought I would just give the option. The chapter of trivia will come up within the next few days. And I just wanted to say thankyou so much for helping me keep this book going, I've been having so much fun writing this book and I hope you guys have just as much fun reading it. Thanks for everything.

Sorry if this goes a little overboard, its just a bit of exposition that I really enjoyed writing, and I wanted to give some of the origin story to my wolves.

BTW sorry about the length of this chapter, I really enjoyed writing the origin stories of the werewolves, so went slightly overboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is fair to say that they alpha and his pack members didn't exactly appreciate me using a gun in their presence, and after the initial reaction of anger. To the point where the larger of the three, the beta and brother to the alpha had me pinned against a wall. The alpha broke it up with a small round of applause, which at first I assumed was a little sarcastic at the least. However I quickly realise it was quite the opposite.

Both the man who is pinning me to the floor, and myself turn to look at the alpha who has a slight smirk on his expression. An unheard order has the other werewolf pull himself away from me and allow me back to my feet. I don't hesitate to get myself back standing, knowing that within a matter of minutes I could be on my back once again.

Nodding a little in a way of thanks that wasn't exactly genuine, I brush down my clothes a little and look to the alpha expectantly. The large man looks down at his three men then to me, his applause slowly stopping before he speaks. "Even I have to admit, that was rather impressive." He said with a slight chuckle, then standing up once again he pulled open the door and indicated for me to go through it before him.

Without having to be asked twice to do as I was told, I exited the small room and was once again in the open living space of the farmhouse. Turning I look back at the alpha who had quickly followed him, the sun had been slowly setting in the background and now it was almost dark.

Expecting me to speak and ask what we were to do now, he leant back against the arm of a sofa and crossed his arms in front of him. "The other alphas will be here a little after half nine, until then you are welcome to go to your room and get changed. I hope you understand the necessity of having to send a guard with you to make sure that you don't go doing something stupid."

Of course, I think but wouldn't dared have spoken out loud, I am in the middle of a very strong pack's territory without so much as a gun to give me an advantage, what the hell do you think that I'm going to do?

The older man didn't seem to have guessed this time what I was thinking, and carries on with the same tone. "We are planning to have a fire tonight. When Robert mentioned that you hadn't been a member of a pack for so many years, I thought you and your wolf might appreciate being able to have a pack's atmosphere for once, and we are going to exchange some histories. We call it trading war stories around here, and you would be willing to join us. They will be wanting to interrogate you a little further in the morning, but it would put them at greater ease if they had the opportunity to meet you beforehand."