Blackmail

"That was a perfect ending to a perfect evening," said Meldrick releasing Ava from his embrace. "May I have the pleasure of accompanying you to your cabin?" he said offering his arm.

"The pleasure will be mine," smiled Ava.

As they strolled through the open deck towards the front of the ship where Ava's cabin was located, Meldrick said,

"Make sure you get a good night's sleep, tomorrow we will have to copy the right parts of your mind and transfer them to your clone, then it will need to be delivered to earth before your family and friends get suspicious."

"Wow, can I see my clone?" asked Ava.

"Yes, but only before it gets your mind, otherwise crazy things could happen."

"Oh, like what?" wondered Ava.

"Imagine you saw your exact self - strange things can happen. Some people go crazy, sometimes the clone gets out of control and gets violent. It all depends on how the mind transfer process goes but it's best if you never meet with it."

"Okay," Ava conceded.

As they got to Ava's cabin, Meldrick planted a soft kiss on her lips and wished her a good night. Ava took a deep breath and stared out the window admiring the sparkling violet waters below. What an extraordinary day, she thought. She woke up on earth, had lunch with an evil xemlix-human hybrid, was chased by him, rescued by a handsome man form a different dimension and now found herself in his world and falling in love with him. This life did seem much more exciting than her existence on earth, she thought. She wondered how she could have changed so much in just one day? Just a week ago she would doubt the existence of any other world and now she was living in it and to her great surprise she was loving it!

She's never been so attended to. She had a cabin stewardess who catered to her every whim, she was taken out to fancy restaurants, drank exquisite wine and wore fancy gowns. She even learnt to command her shoes, until that evil Xenia girl made her lose control. Ava shivered at the thought. There was something visibly wrong with that human girl. Thankfully all the others have been so kind to her and she felt genuinely happy, she felt like she belonged. How could she belong to a completely different dimension she had no idea existed just yesterday?

Ava took her scarlet gown off and rested it on the armchair near the closet, removed her shoes and went into her bedroom only to find the inviting fluffy covers waiting for her. At her nightstand was a beautiful red pajama which Daniela must have brought. Ava smiled at the thought. Her every desire was indeed catered for even before she managed to express it.

Ava slipped into her new pajama and hid under the fluffy covers. Beautiful music was silently playing from the loudspeakers. Ava closed her eyes wondering if Chloe was safe and if her absence would go unnoticed back on earth.

Meanwhile on earth...

"Excuse me, Miss, Miss!" the waitress shouted into Chloe's ear.

"What's going on?" asked Chloe confused.

"You're party leaved an hour ago and you've been sleeping on the table since. We tried to wake you up several times but nothing worked."

"My party?" asked Chloe.

"You arrived with another lady and a gentleman, they left in a hurry."

"Oooooh!" Chloe managed to recall the chain of events: she went to the bathroom, took a sip of wine and then nothing. Did I get drunk with one sip? Impossible! Something must have been in that wine!

"Thank you, I'm fine, I apologize for the inconvenience," said Chloe and rushed out.

As she stepped out the door she almost bumped into... Victor.