Welcome to the Lapo Civilization

Meldrick parked the Maserati and they took a short stroll to the big yachts.

"Let me guess," Ava said, "this one's yours," she pointed at the most impressive yacht docked, with beautifully engraved golden letters spelling "Aria".

"How did you know?" Meldrick seemed amused.

"I think I've got an idea of your taste by now," she smiled.

"Well, welcome aboard the Aria," Meldrick winked.

Ava climbed on deck and marveled at the pompous exteriors.

"If you like it here, I think you'll enjoy where we're going even more."

"I can't wait," Ava said.

Meldrick dismissed the crew, which has been cleaning the Aria until now and directed Ava to the cockpit.

"Bye bye, Hamilton," he said as he turned on the ignition.

The Aria drifted towards the open sea, leaving the colorful houses of Hamilton behind.

Meldrick turned on the same heavenly music that Ava remembered from their first car ride.

"What is this music again?" Ava asked finding herself in a state of bliss.

"It's called Aria, just like the yacht. They are the two elements that will bring us to the Lapo dimension."

"How's that?"

"You'll see," Meldrick smiled.

"Ava looked around and marveled at the vastness of the horizon, the sun warming her skin and the incredible man at the steering wheel. She was wondering where they were going as there was no land and no other boats in sight.

Suddenly Meldrick accelerated, squeezed Ava's hand, which brought her to experience joy she never experienced before and they were entering a cloud of glowing light, the same light she saw when Meldrick would visit her in her dreams.

"Hold on tight!" Meldrick shouted. Ava held his hand with one hand and a handle with the other. The yacht jumped in the glowing cloud and landed on the other side.

Ava couldn't believer her eyes. A majestic, splendid white cruise ship appeared before her eyes, with skillfully engraved golden letters spelling "The Lapo Princess".

"What just happened?" Ava asked. "That ship appeared from nowhere."

"We just went through the portal," Meldrick smiled. "Welcome in the Lapo dimension."

Ava looked puzzled.

"We are as seafaring civilization. Most of our people live aboard the Lapo Princess but many other ships and yachts are part of our fleet.

"So you never set foot on land?" Ava asked.

"Of course we do, we just never stay too long, we find that living on ships is most beneficial for our civilization. Shall we?" he gestured towards the Lapo Princess.

They moved towards an opening at one of the low decks of the cruise ship. The crew secured the yacht and helped them climb aboard.

#

Ava couldn't believe here eyes. The luxury of the car ride, boat ride and jet flight back on earth was nothing in comparison to the lavishness of the interiors of the Lapo Princess.

Red carpets covered the floors and magnificent paintings in golden frames decorated the halls. Aria music was playing from the speakers in the background. The ship was illuminated by golden light, just like the one that accompanied Meldrick when he appeared in her dreams, just not as bright. She could marvel at the sapphire sea from the port holes as they walked towards the front of the ship. After they walked for a few minutes through the splendid corridors they reached a door with a sign "Richglow Guests Only."