fifteen

"heard you talking to jack."

asia strolls out of the bedroom after jack leaves. on some level, i knew she was eavesdropping. i cross my arms over my chest and just stare at her. so what, it was sort of a normal conversation.

"you were being so dry towards him." she laughs, sitting down on the couch next to me.

i shrug my shoulders, "i know. i can't give him any signals yet. at least not while i'm with travis. I can't have an affair."

"first off, you're not married, so it wouldn't be an affair? and second, why? he likes you a lot. i can practically hear the interest through his voice."

i roll my eyes and smile, "stop. i just can't, yet."

"kendall, you know it's true! he's like in love with you." she emphasizes.

whoa. love is a very strong word. we can't go from hating each other one week ago to loving each other. that isn't how it works.

"but i have-"

"travis? we know." she interrupts me. "the boy who hasn't asked you out yet? come on. jack was pretty much confessing his love to you. when does that ever happen?"

"rarely, actually." i laugh.

"exactly. go for jack. as your best friend, i should be encouraging you to keep on dating travis, but not in this case. you and jack are, like, meant to be." asia continues.

"what do i even say to jack?" i ask.

"anything and everything. he's waiting for you to come around."

"i don't want to make things worse between me and madison or make travis hate me. you know that i don't like drama."

"i know you don't, but you should go over and tell him the truth." asia encourages me.

"but he just left-"

"who cares? i'll drive you. let's go." she says and i stand up, letting out a deep breath.

"what if he didn't go home and went somewhere else?" i ask.

all of these possibilities and she just assumes that he went home. he's very well known and i'm sure someone wants to hangout with him twenty four seven.

asia rolls her eyes at me, grabbing my arm, "let's go. off to face jack once again." she smiles like a little bitch.

"i don't even know what to say to him." i shrug, getting into her mercedes. "i can't just spit things out like a freestyle. i need to think about what i'm going to say."

"just tell him what you told me. or just tell him that you like him." she replies.

"what is this?" i snort. "middle school?"

"fine, be all boring like a normal twenty one year old." she tells me, getting into the drivers side.

jack's pov

i make it back to the house with a giant smile on my face. she said it was a start. i'm just so eager for her to be mine again. kendall is so known to be stubborn, but i want her and i'm willing to wait for her.

"you're back already?" i hear johnson call from the studio room.

"yeah, it went really well." i continue to smile to myself like an idiot.

"i want to hear about it later, but for now, the fans want more content from us and you know that we're waiting to drop an album, so let's just do a cover?" he says as more of a question and my eyebrows furrow.

"maybe we can remix it." i suggest. "covers aren't really our thing, though."

"that's what i was thinking-"

"ah, great minds think alike." i comment. "you want me to tell you about our conversation after the cover, but i can't keep it in that long. johnson, i'm falling in love all over again." i groan.

"falling in love, love? like madison love or?"

"you can't even say that." i shake my head. "what i felt for kendall before, was way more stronger than what i ever felt for madison. you know this."

"you told me that you were in love with madison once." j tells me.

"yeah, once when i was drunk." i snap.

"chill out. i'm just warning you. be careful on how you use the word love."

the doorbell rings and i pray that it isn't madison. i don't want her to find out about our plan with kendall being in a cover and have her get all pissy. johnson gets up from the chair and out into the living room to get the front door.

"wow, what a coincidence." i hear him chuckle.

his footsteps gradually become louder as he re-enters the room. behind him follows kendall and asia. my smile grows bigger.

"hey, again." i chuckle, receiving a small wave from kendall.

"so, this is where all of the magic happens?" kendall whispers through her teeth in astonishment.

"no, this isn't my bedroom." i joke, making her smile a little with my immatureness.

"anyway," j awkwardly butts in.

"she needs to tell you something, jack." asia glances at me and then at kendall.

my eyebrows pull together, "okay?" i drag out.

kendall nods her head to me, motioning me to step out of the room really quick. i stand from the couch and follow her out into the hallway. being a g, i lean my shoulder against the wall.

"what's up?" i ask, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"i know that, literally, just a few minutes ago, i said that it was just a start to something. whatever that meant, i don't even know what that meant." she shakes her head and i grow more and more confused with her words.

"kendall?" i ask and she looks down at the wood floor.

"i want to be with you." she quietly says.

my heart rate starts to rapidly increase and my palms begin to sweat.

{vote, comment, share}