Chapter 23; Dragons Vs Demons Vs Fairies

Start from the beginning

Juvia struggled to her elbows as blood flowed down from her temple into her right eye. She swiped the sticky blood away as a dark aura picked up around the Demon's staff's middle. It was a dark purple with highlights of black. It hissed and moaned as its tendrils reached for Juvia hungrily. She scrambled back and cursed when one wrapped around her ankle, forcing her towards the silent Keyes.

Suddenly the dark aura turned white and the tendril around her pale ankle cracked and splinters. Juvia looked to the side just as Keyes did. A smile came to Juvia's face when she just in time saw Gray drop his hand and go back to battling against the Demon, Sliver. With giddiness in her heart, Juvia pushed herself to her feet, and whispered, "Drip...Drip...Drop..."

A waterfall of ice cold rain followed right after her words.

🔥🌟

Gray leaped back and rolled across the ground to escape Sliver's icy attacks. Light purple daggers made of ice rained down upon Gray, forcing him to once again evade. Sliver was fast. Too fast. The Demon could make weapons made of ice so much quicker than Gray could. The precision and sheer skill it took Sliver to craft any kind of weapon using Ice Make was unbelievable.

The Fairy Tail Mage ducked to avoid an onslaught of chains that Sliver dished out. When Gray jumped to his feet to face the smirking face of the Demon, something within him snapped. He spread his legs, bent his knees, and the sound of ice forming around his fists met the ears of the Demon and the Fairy. With an enraged snarl Gray unleashed bullets made of his Magic.

They bolted towards the ice Demon with breakneck speed. With a sweep of his arm Sliver knocked the bullets aside and they shattered upon impact. Gray exhaled as shock overtook his scratched face. "You need to practice more," Sliver supplied, putting a hand on his hip. "Too bad you won't get to have that chance." The Ice Devil Slayer attacked.

🔥🌟

To the North, where Gajeel and Levy were having their own battle, was filled with chaos. The area was flooded with water tainted with poison. Underneath the peaceful surface of the water was an utter nightmare.

Gajeel, mouth sealed shut with metal, was dealing out blow after useless blow beneath the water. His attacks, normally so powerful that it could take out a swarm of enemies, had been reduced to nothing more but pathetic hits. The water had slowed down his attacks greatly and the toxic water was also burning his eyes.

It was a good thing that he had the lungs of a Dragon because without them he would have drowned by now. Gajeel risked a glance beside him to see the floating form of Levy. Using her Magic she had covered her head with a clear bubble full of air.

Gajeel ducked just in time to avoid a fish scaled arm and a pair of snapping teeth. The Slayer swam above the Demon and made his foot into iron. With the extra weight added to his body, he shot straight down, and managed to land a solid kick to Torafuzar's back.

The Demon's neck arched up and Gajeel could not get out of the way fast enough. Those razor sharp teeth and powerful jaws clamped down on his leg, breaking through the iron there, and cutting deeply into flesh.

Bubbles escaped Gajeel's sealed mouth through the cracks. The air bubbles filled with the Slayer's unheard screams floated up to Levy's horrified face. Soon blood also rose up to dance next to the Solid Script Mage's eyes.