Chapter 23; Dragons Vs Demons Vs Fairies

Start from the beginning

Tempester twisted away from the green light that exploded when it came into contact with something. The Demon leaned left to avoid being impaled by Freed's sword and he created a small tornado to destroy Bixlow's souls.

Freed spun around gracefully and sliced his sword down. Only his sword was stopped by the Demon who smashed the palm of his hand into the Fairy Tail Mage's wrist, effectively breaking the bone. Freed cried out and was forced to drop his sword. Laxus' eyes narrowed with rage and with the added power brought on by his sudden spike of anger, the lightning came faster this time, and struck Tempester dead on.

Smoke rose up from the spot where the Magic had struck and there was no movement to be seen within the grey mist. Evergreen had just begun to relax when a clawed hand shot out of the smoke and grasped her throat. She choked horribly as her feet left the ground. "Ever!" Bixlow called out as his babies started to reconstruct themselves.

"You thought," a smooth voice said from behind the veil of smoke. "That a little lightning could kill me?" Glowing eyes broke through the smoke and the deadly hold on Evergreen tightened. "I'll show you all a real storm..."

🔥🌟

A few hundred feet away the ringing sounds of metal against steel could be heard. Sparks flew as katana met claws. Erza's sword was flying through the air so fast that to another's eyes it would be nothing but a blur. Kyouka's claw like nails knocked away and blocked the Captain of the Guard's sword every time it came down to decapitate her.

Once when Erza's weapon had been shoved aside, her left side had been exposed as she had tried to regain her balance. That was all it took for the Demon to strike. She gouged Erza's side until a fine trail of thick blood had spilled onto the ground. The scarlet haired warrior had grunted and taken a staggering step back as she held onto her ruined side.

Breathing heavily, she looked up, and could not stop the disgust that washed over her face. Some of her blood had flown onto Kyouka's face and with a sickening grin, the Demon had flicked out her tongue, and licked the blood off of her lip. Erza gritted her teeth as she fought against the instinct telling her to back away.

These were not just Demons, they were monsters as well. Erza quickly brought up her sword to block Kyouka's claws. Her ruined side flared to life but she pushed the pain away. She needed to focus-

Erza's vision vanished.

🔥🌟

Ahead of Erza and to the West side of the battlefield were Juvia and Keyes. The Water Woman flowed through the air and across the ground as if she were actually in water instead of being on dry land. Juvia rushed to the skeletal Demon and lashed out. She had morphed both of her arms into whips made of her Magic. The ends of the water whips smacked into Keyes' face and hollow eyes.

Keyes backed up and raised his wooden staff to block Juvia's multiple attacks. With much too fast movements he whipped his staff to the side and cracked it against the water Mage's temple. Juvia cried out and for a moment she could no longer hold her water form. Keyes took that chance to whack Juvia again, this time in the ribs, and that hit succeeded in bringing her to the ground.

Juvia did not understand it. She had been in her water form. The Demon's weapon should have passed right through her as if she was not even there to begin with. A strike to her back made her release a strangled cry. Her cheek was pressed into the ground and her head felt crushed. The Water Woman's vision faltered but she was determined. Determined not to give up. Determined to win!