A Work In Progress

If money didn't exist and there were no needs to fulfil such eating or drinking what would you most like to do with your time?

To some that's an easy question to answer, for others it's impossible. That question is quite simple, it asks you what makes you happy. Only understanding yourself can help you answer that.

Everybody has their own definition of success some people see the big names such as Steve Jobs, Michael Jackson or The Beatles as successful people. However depending on how you define success will depend on your measurement of completion. For example often failure can mean success, if you write a poem but you realise it kinda sucks you have succeeded. You have succeeded in writing a poem. You may not have succeeded in terms of content but it's a success none the less.

I guess this goes back to the whole glass half empty or half full theory. It's all about personal perception, this changes through different periods of your life too even the Zoella's of the world feel the pressure to succeed and stay motivated, because at times life is going to be shit and I mean really shit. Everything is going to feel like it's working against you and you'll struggle for a little while, it's at this point where you think back to the question. You don't see it as a distance you must travel you see it as where you're going to end up that's what gets you through.

This question has become a very important one for me at the moment, as university is right around the corner it's been vital for me to spend a lot of time thinking about my future, not what others want me to do, not what I'm expected to do, what I want to do. If I was to have the world as my oyster what would I want to be doing? My answer was creating. Creating songs as a producer, creating songs as a songwriter, creating these kind of projects as a writer and all around charming individual. *wink*

I have a lot to learn about myself (maybe I should start with my height, I get asked that a lot on documentation and I assume they don't want multiple choice answer) but I've spent a long time figuring out what makes me who I am and I think I have it in a nutshell. I'm a work in progress and not in that cute kind of way, in a way whereby I need to realise that watching old Lindsay Lohan films all day whilst I have work to hand in is not productive. I need to stop going on social media at night and turning into a philosopher. I need to capture moments not with lenses but with my sense of presence. Like I said, a work in progress.