Goals (We Ain't Talking Football.)

So when you're growing up you tend to find out what you're good at and what you enjoy in the hopes of one day turning that into a career. As a brilliant procrastinator one of the most important things for me to do is to set goals or tasks on a daily/weekly basis which I'd like to meet. As well as regular goals it's a good idea to have an overall goal, a dream, something that would fill your life with satisfaction for eternity (that's a long time).

Referring back to Never Become An Adult for a second, why is it that once you start getting older people believe that you are past the time where you can still achieve that dream? Sure if your dream is to be a 12 year old boy with wheels growing out of your feet whilst you're currently a 37 year old secretary called Julie you might want to rethink, generally speaking that idea of being too old is total bs. My gran (we call her G cause she's gangsta AF)....(also Jean Machine is quite popular) turned 72 this year and how did she celebrate? (no seriously how..? I have a memory worse than Dory) she decided she wanted to learn how to ride a motorbike as in previous years she had walked lions, rode an elephant, flown a plane solo etc. (told you she was gangsta) and although everyone told her it was a bad idea she persisted (because she's stubborn) and got her certificate stating she was probably unlikely to kill other motorists...or something along those lines.

The anxious people of the world are about to lose their shit right here when I say...take that opportunity. *Gasps of horror simultaneously like a Mexican wave can be heard for miles* (why is the wave Mexican? Is that how Mexicans greet? Leave a comment.) Seriously, take every beneficial opportunity thrown your way, you never know when you'll get your (in the words of Simon Cowell) "big break".

Something my dad does with me every couple of years is draws out a career ladder/life plan type thing where at the top is the ultimate dream and beneath is the steps to/already taken in order to reach that goal. Now life never sticks to the schedule because it likes to be loveably awkward (much like Grace Helbig, am I right!? *high five*) so it's very much a rough idea and with that comes a million different opportunities worth taking to add to the repitour and who knows, you may find something along the way within the same field but a different job role all together.

Some people figure out what and who they want to be younger than others but don't let that freak you out, it's important to know what you want. If you find that the thing you once strived for is no longer the goal then let it be known sooner rather than later, don't waste your time on something if it's never going to reward you back (like a cat).

Setting goals not only shows you what the potential steps for success are but also gives you something to strive for, a purpose and everybody needs something to work towards otherwise your days are probably pretty quiet. The Real Housewives won't run forever.