Smile

She didn't talk. She was silent. I didn't like the silent Tara. It meant she was still thinking about what happened earlier. I just hope by going to this town and finding clues she forgives me.

Finally after an hour's drive we arrive at a run-down gate. The letters are missing so we don't even know the town name. Driving through the roads and shattered , rocks everywhere , shops with cracked windows doors hanging off its hinges. I look over to Tara to see the shock and devastation on her face. I guess seeing the disaster happen to another place makes it all the more real.

Shocked isn't the word to describe how I feel. Happening to my town I can kind of handle, but coming to another and seeing the destruction that the incident did is too much. Thoughts of other people running, parents trying to reach their children, children crying out for their parents it's all too much to think about. As Aiden and I walk through the devastation it seems like everything is getting worse. The hope I had is slowly diminishing. I feel for my droopy flower through my pockets and feel a little at ease. We then stop. I look up to see a library that has seen it all but you can still kind of get in. Aiden directs us to the very end of the library where there is a door leading you in. when we step in there are so many books, maps and drawings. I still haven't forgiven him and if he thinks this is a way to make up for it then he can think again.

The further along we go the more nervous I become. I really cannot take any more wild news. 

As we go along I see Tara shaking and it's not because she's cold. I try reaching out for her but she just steps away. *sigh* I guess she hasn't forgiven me still. I head down a hall knowing exactly where to go. I look behind me to check on Tara to see she's closed off again. In her own world I presume. We finally stop reaching the place. I type a code and what looks like a book shelves really isn't, it's a door that slides to the left letting us in.

Fred greets me immediately doing our manly handshake. Everyone is working trying to find clues. I quickly clear my throat and I get everyone's attention.

"Hello everyone, I have brought with me a guest her name is Tara"

"Hello Tara" they all say

She doesn't respond.

"What are the findings Fred?" I immediately get straight to business 

"Well I haven't seen any sign of life except us but we are looking into other towns and we can hear some strange noises but they haven't been identified yet." he says quietly not to worry a lot of people

See Fred is incharge of seeing if anything out of the ordinary happens. He doesn't tell anyone so not to alaram people.

"Well that's much more progress than last week , don't lose the sound I want you to know what it is very soon and contact me ASAP" I command

I am truly amazed. This guy is really full of surprises. The book shelf that was full of maps and drawings is really a door! A door! Then I find out that there are more people and Aiden is very familiar with them. He is especially familiar with I think his name is Fred a red head, very pale skin , hazel eyes and pale chapped lips that need Vaseline.

The realization that he has lied to me once again hits. Why didn't he tell me about these people or about this place when we first met?

I can feel my breathing getting short. The comfort of my flower isn't helping. I haven't had this serious of a panic attack since I lost my parents. I don't want Aiden to see me in this state! My heart hurts, I can't see ... my vision... I can hear so many different voices in head all different pitches telling me to escape. The door it's too far... I'm running .... Then I'm screaming to the voices to go away ... then I see Aiden coming at me... he's saying something ... what's he saying? Why does everything feel like slow-motion?

Then I fall and I feel at peace a smile on my face, maybe it's my time.

Then it's black.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Authors note

Hey guys I'm back. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. But I'm here now, right. I'll try and update more often guys, but I need something from you guys , can you please vote or comment. I know I ask this all the time but I need to know that you guys like the book and I need to know what you think about the characters etc. so make yourself known.

Comment , vote , share you know the usual.

Signed: precious