Chpt 25 Katie

wanted to hang up the phone.  lt had been so long since l talked to Katie.  Dad would have probably told her that l was pregnant but still that’s not the same.  My mom had e-mailed me and Katie had tried to reach me but l always brushed them off.  Why was l doing this?  Why now?  

"Hey Katie."  l greeted.  Katie lost it.  She screamed and started bombarding me with questions l barely could answer.   

"GUESS WHAT IM GOING TO NEW YORK IN A FEW DAYS MOM SAID I COULD GO UNTIL YOU HAVE THE BABY!!!"  Katie screamed.

"Wait what."  l asked.  That was the only thing l heard.  

"See ya soon."  Katie added.  She hung up and l called Barney.  No answer.   He was probably in a meeting.  This was not going to end well.  We were already clearing the other room to set up a nursery. Barney was dying to know the sex but we could only find out in two more months.  We were giving away some of his suits to the church.  It was a good thing to do but Barney was really sad.  l walked back down into the office while they were broadcasting.

"Hey Robin you going to McLaren’s?"  Someone asked.    l spun around and saw Penny in her weather girl outfit holding a cup of coffee and a clipboard.

"Phish Hell yeah leaving in half an hour want to come."   l said.  Penny and me had grown closer.  We would catch a cab to work and usually to McLaren’s together.  Penny nodded and said "Meet you downstairs l need to find Juliet."  l nodded and walked towards my office.  Patrice was done and as always she left a little card.   Ugh.  l shut my door and locked it.

The all-clear sign went up letting us know that we could be loud.  As soon as got my purse Penny came showed up.  

"Hey Robin."  Penny said.

"Hi."  l greeted.  Penny smiled and opened the door for me.  We talked and caught up.  She said that Niall was going to meet Jadyn in London with Bailey next month.  l wanted to tell her about Katie coming over but l also wanted the group to be there. 

******************AT MCLARENS**************

The wind was howling outside.  Penny and l barely got inside until Carl shut the door.

"Crap that’s cold."  Penny complained.  She shook the leaves off her coat

"Bitch l'm from Canada this is nothing."  l said.  Penny stuck her tongue at me and sat next to Ted.  Marshall and Lilly were sitting across Barney and me.  

"Ok so Lilly finally gave me permission to go to Oregon and find big foot."  Marshall exclaimed.

"Only if you either bring Ted or Barney with you."  Lilly added.  

"Guys guess what Katie said that’s she is goanna come here because my mom wants her here until the baby is out."  l said.  The gang looked at me and started spewing out stories about how they would react to her.  Penny was drilling Ted about Katie Marshall was telling Lilly that he dint need Ted or Barney and l was talking to Barney about where she would stay.

"Well we could put her in the nursery and when we get the nursery ready we could always build another room."  Barney said.  l was shocked.  My first guess is that Barney was trying to get me into bed again.  

"Really Barney are we really going to build another room?"  l asked.  Barney nodded and kissed me.

"Of coarse Robin l would never allow Katie or any of your family members to sleep anywhere but home."  Barney said.  l laughed.   Wait he didn’t laugh with me.  He was being honest.  l smiled and hugged him.  

"l just love him."  l teased.  Barney smiled and put his arm around me.  

"Ok so here’s what we are going to do.  Marshall you need to meet me and Marvin at the train station.  Robin you and Barney catch a cab to the airport.  And Ted."  Lilly looked at Ted who was at the bar with Penny trying to score drinks.  Then in one fluid movement Ted dropped all his drinks on the floor.  The unmistakable sound of glass breaking and beer filled the room.  

"HOT FUDGE!"  Ted yelled.  Penny stood at the bar trying no to laugh.  This was going to be a fun night.