Lost friends-Chapter 25

Start from the beginning

She looked stunned for a moment, taking this information in, then asked, "Is there anything I can do?"

"No, we're only waiting for one more team to report in." I assured her. "What did you do when they attacked you?"

"Well after a few minutes I realized that it was hopeless, so I helped the Gotham Police Department evacuate everyone. Then I hightailed it to Wayne Manor. I was about to bust the door down when Alfred finally let me in. It took me forever to get through to you guys though, and I broke my communicator."

"That explains things." I laughed, just happy that she was okay. She excused herself to change into her uniform and out of her trashed clothing.

"Asami has deployed the egg, and disabled the MFD." Black Canary's voice echoed through the speakers of the Super Computer.

"Good work team! Twenty pairs deployed, twenty MFDs destroyed! We've done it!"

"We missed one." Captain Atom said, obviously annoyed. "The Earth's magnetic field is still being disrupted."

"Blue Beetle to Watchtower. I'm reading a twenty-first MFD, in the Artic, hidden from my previous scans by Earth's North Magnetic Pole. Sending coordinates." Blue Beetle said.

"There are no Zeta tubes in the Artic. How are we-"

"Don't worry gang. I've got this one." Flash said from his earpiece, no doubt running there at top speed. Lexi stepped up next to me, cleaned up and ready to work in her uniform.

"Not without me ya don't! Squads of two, remember." We could here Impulse say through his earpiece. "Now let's go crash that MFD's mode! Follow me gramps!"

A few moments passed before we got news. "Flash to Watchtower. The Magnetic Field disrupter. It's already gone chrysalis. I'm not sure if the egg will still work..."

"The egg is useless now. You are too late." Lex Luthor said, listening in on the conversation from his office.

"What now?" The Flash said.

"Now you run." Luthor replied.

"Hey, I'm no quitter. There's gotta be-" Flash began.

"I didn't say run away, I said run. Together, you and Impluse should be able to negate the chrysalis by running counter to it's energy flow."

"Is it really that simple?" Flash asked.

"I wouldn't call it simple. You'll be attempting to siphon off it's power with your own speed trails. It'll take a massive amount of kinetic energy." Lexi said. Always the science freak. "Whatever you do, don't slow down until it's completely neutralized."

"Do you think it'll be enough?" Artemis mussed aloud.

Recognized: Kid Flash PO3

"He's gone to help them no doubt. Think that he'll make it in time?" I asked.

"He can break the sound barrier during a morning run. I'm sure he'll make it." Lexi shrugged. "Come on! I had Alfred prep the Batplane, just in case. We should be there."  Aqualad, Blue Beetle, Artemis, Superboy, Miss Martian and I all agreed with her, Batgirl deciding to stay behind and help the United Nations evacuate as many as possible should the speedster fail.

We all Zeta'd to the Batcave and boarded the plane. Lexi was piloting. "Alfred, please open the bay doors." she said, The doors flew open and we were gone, zooming over Gotham Bay. I couldn't help myself, walking over and planting a kiss on her cheek. "What was that for?" she giggled, setting the plane to autopilot us to the coordinates.

"I had to. I... I was worried about you." I told her, giving a small smile.

"Well, I'm fine. Don't worry. Everything will work out." She said, sounding like she was trying to convince herself as well as me.

When we arrived, we all jumped out of the plane before it had properly landed.

"Look, it's working! They're shutting it down!" I exclaimed.

-Blue Beetle's POV (super short lol)-

"Earth's magnetic field is stabilizing." my scarab informed me.

"Yes!" I shouted happily.

"But there is a problem. The Kid Flash is in danger. His slower speed is making him an exit valve for the chrysalis energy. In sixteen seconds, he will cease."

"Cease?! Cease what?"

-Lexi's POV-

"They did it!" Miss Martian exclaimed, flying over to the speedsters. "It's over!" she said happily, helping Impulse up. The rest of us ran over as well.

"Congratulations. You have sav-" Aqualad began.

"W-wait. Where's Wally?" Artemis said, looking around for her boyfriend.

"Artemis..." The Flash said, stepping towards her and putting his hands on her shoulders. "H-He wanted me to tell you..."

"No.. No.." she whispered, her eyes watering.

"He wanted me to tell you that he loved you." Flash finished.

The tears spilled, pouring down her face. Artemis went weak at the knees and collapsed onto all fours. Miss Martian and I ran forward to comfort her. I wanted to cry as well, Wally being one of my best friends, but I knew that I had to stay strong for Artemis.  

Mount Justice/ June 20th/ a few hours following Wally's death.

Aqualad flew the Super Cycle to the remains of Mount Justice. There, we saw Batman, Superman, and the rest of the missing Leaguers.

I could just make out Superman asking," Are we too late?"

When we landed, Batman stepped forward. "Aqualad, what happened here?"

"Fear not. The crisis has passed, though at a terrible cost." he replied.

"We lost Wally." I mumbled, just loud enough for everyone to hear. I turned my head to Dick to see a tear slip down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away. I pretended not to notice, for the sake of his pride. I couldn't stop the flow of tears from flowing down my own face.

Everyone was quiet until Batman spoke again. "Go home everyone. I think you all need a well deserved rest."

And that exactly what we did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehehhehehhe one or two more chapters!!!:DDDDD ASDFGHJKL SO EXCITED.