Endgame- Chapter 24

-Aqualad's POV-

I watched as Blue Beetle destroyed Black Beetle scarab, causing him to pass out on the ground.

"What have you done?" he muttered in horror.

"It is over. We have won." I stated.

"N-no. We lost. When my scarab tapped into Black's, we learned that he's already set a plan in motion to erase all evidence of the Reach's attempt to conquer us. By destroying the Earth."

-Dick's POV-

The Watchtower/June 20

"The natural disasters have escalated. The rest of the League is spread thin, saving lives around the globe." Captain Atom said as we watched footage of the horror going on around the world.

"It's Black Beetle's Magnetic Field Disrupters(MFDs). The Reach seated them at multiple locations around the Earth. They're causing a deterioration of the planet's magnetic field, which in turn is causing these no so natural disasters. I can locate all of the MFDs, but each is defended by Beetle Tech drones, programmed to run interference until the MFD can build up enough juice to go chrysalis, and end the world." Blue Beetle informed us.

"So how do we shut them down?" Captain Atom asked.

"I don't know... because Black Beetle didn't know. There's no failsafe. This was an Endgame."

Incoming transmission from United Nations Secretary General Tseng. The super computer informed us. Much to all of our surprise, the call was actually initiated by Lex Luthor.

"Luthor! What are you-"

"Secretary Tseng was kind enough to let me borrow this frequency, as I have a possible solution to our mutual problem."

"A problem created by you and the Light when you invited the Reach to Earth in the first place!"

"True, but as I believe you know, the Light always planned to betray the Reach. Lex Corp has developed anti-Reach software, a virus the should disable the magnetic field disrupters. Now, I believe time is of the essence."

-Lexi's POV-

Gotham City/June 20th

I was walking through the park towards my parent's penthouse, more than ready to crash on my bed, when something within the lake rumbled, causing the water to bubble. Suddenly  two beetle-like Reach drones emerged from the lake, followed by a red device that seemed to activate an energy sphere above it. Almost immediately, black thunderclouds formed and spread over the city, raining lightning to the ground.  People started screaming and running in terror.

"What the hell?" I muttered to myself, running over and grabbing two children just in time before one of the drones blasted them to dust. Their mother ran over, thanking me, before grabbing her children and running for dear life. I don't blame her. I looked around, trying to focus with all of the chaos and screaming going on. I quickly scampered behind a tree, pulling on my mask and snapping on my utility belt.

"Help me!! Please!" A boy around my age shrieked, running in terror as he was pursued by one of the drones. I ran and dove, catching him around the waste just in time before he was blasted too.

"Shit." I mumbled in pain, the boy having landed on my wrist. Twisting it around, I found that it was not broken. The boy quickly got up and ran, not thanking me at all. "Ass hole." I mumbled. Standing up, I went for my wrist communicator, only to find it completely destroyed. "Greeaatt..." I groaned.

-Dick's POV-

Location: Metropolis/June 20

"Every single magnetic field disrupter must be disabled before they chrysalis to guarantee Earth's safety. Each MFD is protected by multiple Beetle Tech drones, and each drone is the equivalent of a Beetle Warrior. Blue Beetle has located twenty MFDs around the world. There's forty of us assembled here, so you'll be in groups of two." Captain Atom said.

"You will all be issued multiple Reach tech eggs containing my anti Reach virus. While one hero run interference with the drones, the other must simply touch his or her egg to the MFD to disable it." Lex Luthor explained.

"Do you think that we can trust Luthor?" I heard Wonder Girl ask Robin.

"It's his world too. Pretty sure that he doesn't want it reduced to space dust." Tim said jokingly, trying to lighten the mood. "Besides, we don't really have another choice."

"Alright I have your assignments. We'll distribute these eggs and go." Captain Atom directed.

"Nightwing, where's Fox." Superboy asked as he and Miss Martian waited for their eggs.

"I can't get a hold of her! I tried her communicator, but all I'm getting is static. And all phone lines are down, so I can't call her."

"I'm sure that she's fine. Let's just get this done." I sighed and nodded in agreement, grabbing my egg and partner, and heading out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two or three more chapters!!! :D hope u liked this one