Secrets out-Chapter 11

-Dick's POV-

 "What have I done?"  I thought to myself as Alfred kicked me out of the room. I wandered down to the kitchen and grabbed an apple, taking a frustrated bite. What happemed to talking it slow,  and talking through it with her? That went out the window as soon as I kissed her. But I just couldn't contain it anymore! I thought that I'd lost her. Tossing the apple in the bin, I slumped down into one of the chairs and remembered it.It was amazing. She didn't even fight me. At first, she froze, most likely surprised, but then she started to get into it. And man, was she a good kisser. Of course, I've known that for awhile now. And then when Alfred made me leave, ugh! Could he have worse timing?

After waiting down in the kitchen for a good hour, I decided that it was safe to go see her. I needed to talk to her, to know what she was thinking. Standing up, I trudged up the stairs to my room, which was where I had left her, but of course, the bed was empty and the sheets were made Since that window was still sealed shut, I knew that she had to be somewhere in the house.

First, I checked the bathroom. Nothing. Then I checked the next logical place: the piano room. I was actually surprised not to see her there, considering it was her favorite room in the house. But the piano was untoched, as it had been for awhile now, with Bruce on another planet and no one else had any need to go into the BatCave.

I mentally slapped myself. Of course. Pressing the necessary keys, the bookcase moved to reveal the elevator. I stepped aboard and in moments I was submerged in cold and darkness. It took my eyes a moment to adjust to the darkness, but when they did, I was able to see the small body sitting below on the cold ground, arms wrapped around her legs, looking deep in thought. I walked down the stairs and joined her, sitting on the ground beside her. 

"It feels colder than usual down here." she whispered.

"Tell me about it." I sighed. With Bruce gone, and Tim and Babs operating out of the Warehouse, there was really no need for anyone to come down here.

"It must be hard for you, doing all this alone."

"I'm not alone." I said immediatly. "I have my Team. My friends."

"Right." she mumbled. Something was on her mind.

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"T-tell me what happened. How did I get out?"

"Miss Martian flew in and phased you through the wall."

She nodded. "I figured as much. But... I had this dream.. that she was in my mind..."

"It probubaly wasn't a dream. We can't be sure, but she thinks that you hit your head on the wall before she began to phase you through. You couldn't remember anything when you first woke up. So she went into your mind, connected hers with yours, and brought you back."

"I was afraid of that."

"What do you mean."

"Because I caught a glimpse of something in her mind. About you."

I gulped, wondering which 'girlfriend' she was going to confront me about.

"Artemis is alive, isn't she?" My skin got clamy. "There's my answer." She rolled her eyes, obviusly pissed.

"Lex, you don't understand. It had to be done. You understand why I didn't tell you, right?"

"I'm not mad at you for not telling me. But I don't understand why you sent her."

"Huh?"

"I mean, why go through all of the trouble of lying to everyone, when you could've sent me? Then you wouldn't have had to fake my death for anyone, because as far as everyone else knew, I could've been dead." She shrugged. "It just makes sense."

"You know why." I said. "I couldn't send you in there, knowing that there was a chance that you'd never come back out."

"Oh, but you'd send Artemis? One of your best friends? And what about Wally?" she narrowed her eyes at me.

"It's different! You know that!" I practically shouted. That shut her up. "Lexi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout. It's just-"

"It's fine." she cut me off. "I'm happy, of course. And that fact that Aqualad isn't gone to the dark side is comforting too."

We sat in silence for awhile, until I couldn't take it anymore. "I didn't think it'd be like this. I thought that... things would go back to normal if I called you back."

"What do you mean by that?" She countered, not looking at me.

"It's just, you... you promised. You said-"

"Robin to Nightwing." The damn intercom said.

"What now?" I hissed.

"Batgirl found something on the scarab. You guys need to get here now."

"Acknowledged." I groaned. "Be there soon."

"Robin out." Tim said.

"We have to go." I said, standing up and offering her a hand. Surprisingly, she took it. But when I pulled her up, I didn't let go. I was too busy looking at her hand. Alfred must have taken off her gloves, because for once, her hand was on full display. And sure enough, the ring was there, glinting in the dim lighting of the Cave. 

Suddenly she jerked her hand away from mine, walking towards the Zeta-tubes. "Don't wanna keep Tim waiting, right?" she asked, pulling her mask out of her pocket and slipping it on. I copied her and we were zapped to the Warehouse.

-----------------------------

Hey guyss. I'm not rly proub of this chapter and the one before it, buuutt... yeah... COMMENT AND VOTE!