The Infiltrators (Second Book in the Revenge on the Boy Wonder Trilogy)

"Lexi..."' he started. "I have to know. Do you want to be with me anymore?"

"I-" I cut myself off. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say "I love you more than my own life! I want that more than anything." Because it's the truth. But I was afraid. I couldn't.

He groaned, standing up and pacing up and down the isle. He looked so stressed, so upset. I stood up and placed a hand on his chest, stopping him in his tracks.

"Fine. Tell me this." He sighed, looking me in the eyes. "Do you love me?"

I didn't have to hesitate for that one. "Of course I do. But-"

He grabbed my upper arm, making me stop."That's all that I needed to hear."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been over two years since Lexi left me. Two years since I last saw her face, heard her laugh. Now, with my back up against the wall and the Team falling apart, I know that I need her. I know that I need to call in my favor. But can I put aside my feelings for her to save the world? Will I have to? I told her that I loved her, and she said that she loved me too, but then she left.
But she promised. Promised that one day we could be together again. I swore to myself that I'd make her mine again. And I'm sure going to try.

Dedicated to @afrizzleuchiha for helping me come up with some of the plot!!