Chapter 14

Raiden's POV

I felt so empty without her. The mate bond was getting stronger and I have to be with her. She would have gone into heat now if she was a werewolf but she's human so it's different. I thought about looking for her and forcing her to stay with me but I thought against it.

"Raiden!" Brian shouted. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. He was already seated in my office. I didn't even know when he entered.

"Oh. What's up man?" I sighed

"What are you thinking of? Don't tell me it's Darshana." He said. I know he hates Darshana because of some certain reasons and I don't blame him. But as for me, I have faith in my mate.

"It's her alright. The bond is getting stronger. I need to be with her." I said to him.

"Can't you see what you are doing to yourself? She doesn't even care about you." He said with pity.

"You wouldn't understand Brian." No one will understand how she makes me feel. I love her attitude and I know deep down, she has some feelings for me and she is scared to accept. I'll keep trying till I break her walls and she learns to accept me.

Darshana's POV

I woke up the next day and remembered I was supposed to go over to Bruce to collect some information on the mission I had today but the bastard retired me. I went downstairs still in my pajama tank top and short shorts. I was planning on eating but I changed my mind. I went to the basement of my house where I train. I wore my punching gloves but it was so difficult to wear both by myself. If only Raiden was here.....

I started punching the bag then remembered everything that happened yesterday. The retirement, I hit it hard. What I said about Raiden, I hit it harder. Derek's betrayal, I hit it hardest. I kept hitting the bag with so much force and anger. I dropped to the floor and was now covered in sweat.

Since I wasn't going anywhere today or forever, I decided to just train all day. I was training with knives when my phone went off. I went to answer it but it was an unknown number. I was contemplating on answering it or leaving it to ring.

"Hello?" I said slowly into the phone.

"Is this Miss Cameron?" The voice belonged to a man.

"Yes and who are you?" I questioned.

"Doesn't matter. I know you were once part of The Agency and I called to tell you that the building blew up this morning. The person who did that had a mission to wipe out everyone and that's exactly what he or she did. You are very lucky Miss Cameron, for not coming to work. Goodbye Miss." The man hung up the call. I stared at the phone in my hand.

I didn't know when I had dropped it and slumped to the floor. I can't believe this. They are all dead. I would have died if Bruce hadn't retired me. Oh my god. I was so shocked that I didn't know how to react to the news I just heard. Oh no. Derek!

I had reacted badly to him. I had to apologize to him. I dialed his number and he picked up immediately.

"Hi Derek!" I chirped sheepishly into the phone.

"Darsh I'm so sorry. I don't like it when you are angry with me. Please forgive me." He rushed.

"Thank you." I said honestly.

"You're thanking me? I thought you'd be angry with me." Derek said.

"They died." I whispered.

"I know. That's why I made Bruce retire you." Derek said and I was curious to know his reasons.

"You knew they were going to die?" I asked.