Chapter 12

The picture above is Ryan and Ryker. I know it's been long since they've appeared.

Darshana's POV

I was sitting alone on the dirty floor. My cherry red dress also as dirty as the floor. My body was covered in dirt, sweat and tears. I cried for what seemed like hours and finally had no energy to cry again. I looked at the door with the hopes of my daddy coming in to rescue me but it was still shut.

I gave up and decided to sleep. Hours later, I woke up to the creaking sound of the door. I opened my eyes and saw a man coming in. He looked evil and he also had an evil smile on his face.

"Hello sweetie." He teased while reaching his hand out for me but I shifted and crawled further into the cell.

"I'm not gonna hurt you baby." The man said as he sat down on the floor while crossing his legs.

"I want my daddy." I sobbed and brought my knee to my chest hugging my legs.

"Daddy is not coming to get you because he's dead and so is mummy." The man said as he laughed evilly. Tears were pouring down my face. I didn't want to believe what he said.

"I don't believe you! They are not dead! They will come back for me!!" I screamed and more tears were pouring down my face. I thrashed around the cell and the man laughed and left me alone. My parents couldn't be dead! No!

"Princess!"

"Princess!" Someone shook me.

"Princess!" I jolted up from the bed and I was covered in sweat. I kept looking around the room for any sign of those men. The man's face was stuck in my memory forever.

"Snap out of it! It was just a nightmare okay?" I finally looked at the person that was with me and it was Raiden. I sighed in relief. He stood up to leave but I called him back.

"Please stay with me." I whispered. His eyes widened and his face suddenly lit up. He literally ran over to my bed and covered himself up with the blankets. There was a good distance between us but I snuggled closer to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Goodnight princess." He kissed my neck which sent shivers down my spine and I let sleep consume me.

-

I woke up the next morning and felt great. I've never had that kind of good sleep after I was taken. I felt an arm around my waist and it felt really heavy. I turned to face the owner of the arm and saw Raiden. I sprung out of the bed and he got up immediately.

"What the hell Raiden!" I screamed at him.

"You really love cuddling." He chuckled and I narrowed my eyes at him in anger.

"Why did you sleep with me!" I screamed at him again.

"You were the one who said 'please stay with me'" he mimicked my voice "and I simply complied. After all, you are my mate. It's bound to happen." I glared at him with so much anger.

"Just get out. Now." He laughed at me was almost at the door when he said something and my eyes popped out.

"You were saying some guy's name in your sleep and you looked angry. What was the name...." He scratched his head as he tried to remember the name. "Jack! Yeah, who is that?" He asked.

Oh no. There is no way I'm telling Raiden about Jack.

"It's not your business." I snarled at him.

"Tell me. I might help you with it or him. Why are you always so closed up? Why are you so emotionless?" He asked me with pain in his eyes.

"I wasn't always like this." I said as I looked down. I remembered those painful memories that I've always wished to lock away forever.

"Then let me help you. You are broken. Let me fix you. Princess, let me in." His face was etched with pain for me. I realized I showed too much emotion so I put on a hard expression.

"Leave." As soon as I said that, I saw hurt in his eyes and he looked down at his feet and left quietly. I couldn't let the mate bond have an effect on me. I have to leave this place as soon as possible.

I took a quick shower and put on a loose tank top with big sweatpants. I wore my slippers and went downstairs to get something to eat. I was done eating so I went to the living room to watch tv. The door opened and I saw Ryker, Ryan and two girls that I didn't know.

"Hey Darsh." Ryker said as he took a seat in the living room and one of the girls sat on his lap.

"Hi. I'm Olivia, Ryker's mate." The girl who sat on Ryker said. She had blonde hair with blue eyes and a tanned skin. She looked  pretty.

"Nice to meet you." I said to her while glancing at the other girl.

"I'm Mara, Ryan's mate. And you are alpha Raiden's mate I suppose?" Mara had dark brown hair with brown eyes and a pale skin. I didn't know if I should lie to her that I wasn't or if I should tell her the truth.

"Yes. I'm Raiden's mate." I forced a smile at her.

"The pathetic human." She sneered and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Mara!" Olivia scolded but that didn't stop the anger that was bubbling inside me for her.

"What did you just call me?" I said in a calm deadly tone.

"Oh so you are a dumb one too." She sneered at me and gasped like she was surprised.

"Shut up Mara. You don't want to get on her bad side. Trust me." Ryker said in a cautious tone and Ryan growled at Ryker.

"Her bad side?" She laughed. "What could she possibly do? Fight me?" She laughed again.

"Maybe that's exactly what I will do." I said as I rushed to her and tackled her to the ground. I quickly brought out the silver knife I always hide in my knife holster strapped to my ankle or thighs.

I pressed the knife to her neck and I heard a sizzling sound coming from the contact of the knife to her neck. Ryan growled behind me and his growls kept getting louder because I was hurting his mate.

"Get off my mate!" Ryan yelled at me but I refused to let go. He tried taking a step closer but I stopped him.

"Come any closer and I'll slit her throat." I threatened.

"You wouldn't." Ryan dared me. I looked around to see Ryker holding his mate like I was going to attack her too. Funny.

"Watch me." I said as I pressed the knife harder into her neck and she screamed in agony.

I heard the front door open and I saw Raiden looking at me with wide eyes.

"What the hell princess? You trying to kill somebody?" He asked as he took a step towards me.

"Don't come near me. I mean it. If you value her life, stay where you are!" I turned to Mara who I had pinned on the floor. "You will apologize to me pup." I snarled at her.

"I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!" She yelled in agony. I stood up from her and walked towards the stairs but stopped and turned around.

"I wasn't gonna kill her in the first place. Just wanted to teach her some manners." I saw the shocked expression on their faces including Raiden. I continued walking up the stairs and entered my room. 

Please don't forget to vote and tell me what you think of this chapter. Thank you!